Tomix Koki Series 107 (50th Anniversary Containers)

Krackel Hopper

Krackel Hopper

hey hey,

This new Tomix set is estimated to release in July.  I really wanted to get some Koki 200 container cars but the May re-release pre-order is already closed! (gah!), but I am looking at this 107 Series set.

So far I can only find a photo of the actual cars, does anyone know exactly what is in this set?  It looks really cool, but I am not about to pre-order a $90.00 item when I don't know exactly what it is that I am getting. 

How many cars are there?  The additional picture has 10 boxes with car numbers, 5 of the boxes have "O" and 5 of the boxes have "*" so I'm not sure if it's 10 cars, or 5 cars and there is going to be an additional 5 car set?

Does it come in styrofoam/cardboard box or a "bookshelf style" plastic/foam case?

For anyone who has not seen these yet:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10109905

Thanks!

Jon

CaptOblivious

I saw that and wondered too. $90 seems too high for five cars and too low for ten...and will they be releasing them individually?

It's a 5-cars set. It seems you can have a 10 cars set by using some sort of "tuning" set.

Tomix also appears to be releasing a train case designed to hold 12 container freight cars.