Has anyone use this chassis kit?

Dillon

I don't know if this is the right part platform section to ask this, so Jeff if you're reading and if you think that this needs to move to a different part of the forum, be my guest.

So, I'm planning to buy my first steam locomotive kit from this seller from Japan, since it's my first time doing something like this since I'm more used to buying models whole, this is way out of my comfort zone, while I have no problems painting the locomotive body part at least that's the other part I can deal later, but the eBay post has the chassis in disassemble kit, which that part was new to me.

Here's the kit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314931160402

Since I can't show the photos, the post has a power unit chassis kit, which is disassembled, I've never worked on a chassis kit, and I wondering if anyone in this forum has assembled a power unit chassis kit and any tips on assembling the chassis. 

The power chassis looks like the IMON "PU101 Power Unit SL-B", which they released in 2020. They don't have it for sale anymore on their site though, so it's probably sold out. Depending on how well it sold, they may do a rerun, but with IMON you never know. There's also a 3 axle version (PU101 Power Unit SL-C)

I don't think they're 'kits' as such, there's only very few parts, and it looks like the frame is really just 1 large piece, with some small detail pieces glued on. If you go to https://www.imon.co.jp/pages/news-log?page=2 the power chassis is towards the bottom of the page. Unfortunately there's not a lot of detail, and the 2 links to their shop ar no longer active.

• Like 1