Hi, good to be here

drunken0monkey

Hi All,

I've already taken way more in the form of information than I'll ever be able to give back to this forum, so I thought I would at least register and introduce myself.

I'm not new to model trains per se, but new to Japanese model trains - damn vacations!

I'm copying and putting together a small layout the best I can from photos I found on a website. The person had built a similar layout in a drawer under a bed, all automated - awesome! Anyway, this is getting wordy for me, so the point and reason I'm posting in the first place is that I've been drawing and 3D printing viaducts and other parts for Kato Unitrack and thought that if anyone might have use for them, I can share the files (I haven't yet anywhere as I continue tweaking them) as a way to give back.

Good to be here, and a couple of pictures of what I'm talking about, if I may.

IMG_1191.thumb.JPEG.12a6c2e17e83bb98eddeb912b24c861d.JPEGIMG_1190.thumb.JPEG.b3d482487f5cb57578d392666d3f7cd9.JPEGIMG_1189.thumb.JPEG.a13a975ee7539cadd4218fcd0d85fdf2.JPEG

Edited by drunken0monkey
  • Like 6

Welcome @drunken0monkey, glad you found us and your vacations got you exposed to Japanese trains, the infection is terminal!

That’s great you have created a printed version of the viaduct system, folks are always asking about that and the viaduct station plate system or making your own are the only options. Please do make a topic on it, I’m sure folks would love access to the files.

keep us posted on your layout and start a topic on it!

cheers,

jeff

Ha, glad the site was of use to you. I have tried to get a lot of folks with a wide variety of layouts to submit articles to show all the ways you can come at the hobby! 

not plagiarism at all it’s what that’s all up there for to inspire others and give ideas.

cheers,

jeff

drunken0monkey

Appreciate the welcome! Thanks!

Marc, I take it you're the designer + builder of Yukari - which I shamelessly tried to copy. You have a fantastic layout and it's just about the largest size I could convince my family to happily co-exist with. Really appreciate the write up as well. I will try to share progress, slow as it may be. Thank you for the inspiration!