Broadway Limited is going to produce a new line of Union Pacific FEF-3s in N Scale

Dillon

For anyone who has followed BLI stuff for many years, they're going to be making a new line of Union Pacific FEF-3s, link:https://broadway-limited.com/blogs/news/the-broadway-flyer-october-2023

During a QNA on October of 2023, someone asked what the next lineup for Steam after the Reading T-1, BLI replied;

"Right now we have the N scale Union Pacific Late Challenger and PRR M1a/M1b in the works. These locomotives will come with smoke, prototypical sounds, and several different paint schemes. They also will be arriving in Paragon4 Sound/DCC and in our Stealth series. The locomotives will be incredible pullers! Besides those two, we also have 6 locomotives in design right now. One of which is the Union Pacific FEF's and AT&SF 3751 Northerns. No timetable yet for an announcement or any additional details yet. We also have the USRA Pacific's coming out soon in N scale in both Paragon4 and Stealth."

Someone else asks about the upcoming lineup back in January, link:https://broadway-limited.com/blogs/news/the-broadway-flyer-january-2024

BLI replied;

"Right now the two we have the designs finished for or are nearly done are the Santa Fe 3751 Northerns and the Union Pacific FEF-3's. We are not at the point to tell you which locomotives we have in the queue at this point in time as we are still gathering data packages, reference materials, price estimates, etc. It takes a lot of work to get new tooling accurate especially for road-specific steam. The difficulty in gathering these materials is finding enough photography and references from all angles. It helps our designers to make the model. From there it takes anywhere from 3-4 months, sometimes longer depending on the model to create a rendering. I can't say which ones we are working on, but here is a list of locomotives we want to bring to N scale. SP Cab Forward, New Haven I-5, Commodore Vanderbilt, GS-4, C&O K-2 Mikado, among a few others. We have heard from you N scalers you want more steam, and we're looking forward to it!"

A March 2024 update, BLI said this; (link:https://broadway-limited.com/blogs/news/the-broadway-flyer-march-2024)

"Now onto things we are working on! If you've been reading this newsletter in the past, you know we've teased some exciting stuff! We have been actively working on more N scale steam and diesels. Currently we have the following locomotive types in design. We don't have a timeline for an announcement just yet as we are still working on reviewing the designs, getting tooling costs, estimates, finalizing details and more. The two designs that are the closest to complete are the Santa Fe 3751 northerns and Union Pacific FEF-3 northerns.  

Santa Fe 3751 Northerns

Union Pacific FEF-3 Northerns

Southern Pacific Cab Forward AC4/AC5

Baldwin RF-16 Sharknose

EMD GP30

EMD GP35

C&O T1

PRR J1

PRR H10"

I'm quite excited about this since we might have different varieties of 844 during its revenue and excursion runs, like 8444 in black, 844(and 8444 1987-1989) in grey scheme 1990-1991, without white walls 1996-2010, one with whitewalls, and current look. While I do love my KATO Union Pacific 844, having different varieties is nice, plus we might get an announcement later this year, probably late 2024 before the year's end.

Edited by Dillon
Add a link