KATO Pocket Line: Kato Traction No.50

Dillon

Dillon

Probably the smallest model I ever owned, very nicely detailed, and the basis of this engine is quite nice. I operated a quick test run, and boy this engine can punch hard, it operated quite well and it's now waiting in the luggage bag for the trip to the convention, I never thought the model was this small, but seeing things, I have plans for next year's display operation using this engine and the other Pocket Line models.

IMG_1463.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

bill937ca

Probably best to only haul a few two axle cars behind this loco. Just a different paint scheme for a Kato Pocket Line loco.

cteno4

The pocket line are quite nice little trains. Zippy and a very good bang for the buck. But like bill notes, they are designed for larger cars and consists.

jeff

Dillon
10 hours ago, cteno4 said:

The pocket line are quite nice little trains. Zippy and a very good bang for the buck. But like bill notes, they are designed for larger cars and consists.

I’m planning to operate caboose hops, so no more then one or two cars.

Welshbloke

Mine seems happy with two or three short freight cars. The two bay covered hoppers various manufacturers offer or 40' boxcars suit it well. I am hoping Bachmann will shrink their new HO transfer caboose to N scale, as it'd suit this loco perfectly.

Glue 'n Glaze works well for the windows on these, just make sure you prop the shell up so the windows you've just glazed are facing upwards. That way the film won't puddle at the bottom and will tend to sit at the back of the frames, rather than oozing forwards. It takes longer as you can only do one side/end at a time, but it's worth it.

chadbag
12 hours ago, Kingmeow said:

I'm going to try to put a decoder in mine.  🙂

Let us know how it works.  Take pics or video.    I have one or two of the newest pocket line motored units (I think a tram and a loc? -- have to find them) and I plan on ultimately doing it too when I can get back on trains