My Project: A fictitious place somewhere in Japan

Lazertron

Lazertron
Posted (edited)

Good morning, fellow railroaders!

I am attaching my first (yet unfinished) layout, which should be doable regarding space and hopefully money (plenty of tracks). I took the layout from the Kato website, built it with WinTrack and modified it a little bit. As you may notice, a part of the track is elevated (but I do not know yet, how to do that in WinTrack). The shadow station is part of the visible layout and is not lowered.

I marked a few spots:

1... I want to connect the Kato Unitram here, so that the Trams also may use the shadow station. Is this possible? Of course, the Tram has its own power source. The tram line will extend to the empty space east of the viaduct. Now, not to overload things, but I also want to use the Bus System. I have to find a place for that as well.

2... As we all know, the Japanese and Chinese love to copy buildings/themes from other parts of the world and here they want to make a little replica of the Swiss Alps (my excuse to use the Glacier Express with all my Japanese trains 😉 ). I want to elevate the tracks from '2' to north of point 3, where the Alps will be and I want to place a 'track spiral', which will be partly hidden.

3... I modified the switches a bit, but I somewhere read on this very forum, that special tracks need to be placed after a switch. Is this layout correct?

On the original, two power feed tracks are installed, which I also replicated. Will that be sufficient for the length of the layout?

I keep you posted when further details arise.

Thanks!

MyTrack.jpg

Edited by Lazertron
bill937ca

Unitram is a different track center than Unitrack.

Lazertron

Will this one from the UniTram TV4 set do?

Unitram.jpeg

• Like 1
brill27mcb

I'm not sure how you are attaching double-track Unitram to a single-track lead off of the turntable...

Rich K.

• Like 1
Lazertron

@brill27mcb

neither am I yet 😉 but possibly using one track and a buffer stop on the TV4 adapter pictured above or extending the single track to a double track. This should work, no?

• Lazertron changed the title to My Project: A fictitious Place somewhere in Japan
Lazertron

So, in the meantime I looked at many layouts and decided to go for a U layout. The included picture shows what I have planned so far, but it is not finished yet. The blue line is reserved for Shinkansen. Green is more of a scenic route. Yellow is the fiddle yard. Let's see what comes out of it.

Andtheyhaveaplan.thumb.jpg.29268e585b9c60136d49790f67cc6c17.jpg

On a side note, I acquired a nice book, which seems to showcase all EB, ED and EF trains ever made for Japanese railroads. 

IMG_2195.thumb.JPG.c33b6a41e9c70b2ba72513bb0f21e6c8.JPG

IMG_2194x.jpg

• Like 4
Lazertron

It begins 🙂 Some impressions.

IMG_2198.thumb.JPG.d9e3f54a763963cdf87b779fdb654826.JPG

I have to build 16 of these, who will carry the load.

IMG_2199.thumb.JPG.bc6fa8a8ee06158e2ccfbf11716b9d30.JPG

MDF.

IMG_2200.thumb.JPG.fdbfc3630bd1a60b5e0a17a58ffb8007.JPG

MDF.

IMG_2201.thumb.JPG.3f287a70ab3b637bbba1f46d293f2e30.JPG

Some stuff I plan to use.

• Like 4
Lazertron

Sponsoring the Kato/Tomix companies.

IMG_2202.thumb.JPG.8cd3139f01806d2d68754bcb55fe6848.JPG

And another page from the book.

IMG_2197.thumb.JPG.f71f23d57b03c935a6b2c1545550f156.JPG

• Like 4
  • Lazertron changed the title to My Project: A fictitious place somewhere in Japan

My gosh, the plan looks insane! I wish I had so much space! Wishing you very best of luck with the construction. Keep us all posted!

• Like 2