Western Australian Model Railway Show - Perth 2024

N-Osoi

Hey all, I'm not a member of any clubs here but I went along to the annual model railway exhibition on the weekend. It's a well known annual even here, always lots of displays. Kids always love the Lego railways, and there are also remote controlled trucks.

Not much N Scale, no T-Trak or Japanese modelling. I actually found ti inspiring as I think there's a big niche just waiting to be filled 😄 .

Here is a video (not made by me) and some photos for flavour.

IMG_8544.thumb.JPG.1818408af079a0337915539eef5c4781.JPGIMG_8536.thumb.JPG.f96da3772573f8dc4e1dfc5b75963fc4.JPGIMG_8543.thumb.JPG.6bb228d28c92191c9e2367c6ab45a617.JPG

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Fill that niche!

I was thinking a fun Japanese T-trak layout with a sushi train like yours would have been such a different and fun thing to do, it would really have stood out. OK lets see how many modules I can make in 11 months 😂

They don’t have to be big modules or a big loop if your scenes are good Japanese scenes crammed with detail and interesting stuff. We have been finding bigger is not necessarily better! keeping things tight and easily consumable for the audience increases their hang time and the amount of time they really zoom in looking at stuff and way less of folks just sort of streaming by and slowing for a bit.

Fun things like the Sushi train and goji are also big smile makers and draw folks in in a happy way and then they are in a very open state to get sucked in by individual module scenes.

Jeff

• Like 1