Can I use this older Tomix Du-2 power unit with modern Tomix fine track?

ao924

I have the opporunity to pick up this Tomix Du-2 power unit for my new layout and while I am very excited I want to check before I spend the cash if it is possible to use with modern fine track? Would the fine track DC feeder be able to attach to the power unit? I am looking to get more "sim" out of my rail sessions so hoping this works out.

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 1
brill27mcb

Yes, you can connect it up. This is a Tomix "NECST"-era No. 5016 power unit. It is transistorized, not just a rheostat, and should work well. You will have to remove the newer "Neo"-style connector at the power-unit end of your 2-wire track feeder cable, and strip the wire ends to insert them in those brown push-release connectors at the back of the 5016 power unit. (Or you could find an older NECST track feeder that is already built that way.) From the photo, it looks like the power unit is hooked up to Kato track with the blue and white track feeder wires - just use those terminals.

The blank-topped box is the Tomix 5040 power supply that feeds the control unit with 17 V AC power, through the green pair of wires.

Now you can look for a 5020 Voltmeter/Speedometer to hook up to it!

More info (scroll down on this page):

http://www.trainweb.org/tomix/control/tomix_control_systems2.htm

Rich K.

• Like 1

Thank you for getting back to me Rich. I was surprised to find another unit that includes the speedometer as well as an adapter unit (5040) for just a little bit more.