Japanese train capacity

Ochanomizu

Hello,

Can someone please point me to a website that has the capacity of Japanese rail cars?  In particular, I was searching Wikipedia for the A235.  The capacity of each car is listed for the -0 series, but not for the -1000 series.  I was hoping there was a Japanese website to cover this and more.  Thanks in advance.

Beaver
2 hours ago, bill937ca said:

Capacity can depend on how many standing people for square meter you cram in.

Indeed, for commuter stock it would make sense to have two capacity ratings; seated and total, like buses do. However, measuring standing capacity is not simple because standing space is not divided into clearly defined one-person spaces. How many people sit standing in a given space depends on the size of the people. Nine elementary schoolers can occupy the same space as one obese bloke.

However for express and Shinkansen stock only a seated capacity is needed as people aren't supposed to be standing.

I'm sure there's an otaku out there somewhere who has compiled exhaustive lists for fun, but finding them.............

Helpful hint; some companies include passenger capacity on data panels.

WSHtWS.jpg

Form: SaHa 138

Standing people: 52

Self weight: 9.8 tons

• Like 1
Ochanomizu

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your prompt response.  The source you quote is for an online game.  I was hoping for a JR document.  I'd rather avoid attempting to establish the accuracy of the game.

• Like 1