We should have a meet up!

Grant_T

As in the title. Who is keen to meet in Japan in a year's time? 

• Like 2

I'll most likely be in Japan in December/January. When did you have in mind?

Beaver

And, at least as importantly, where? Out of a whole country there a a lot of possible places to go.....

Tony Galiani

Milepost 0.  Tokyo Station.  Can't miss it. 

That's where I met Alastair last year when we happened to be in Japan at the same time.

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 2
cteno4

Years back a group contemplated trying to meetup at the big Tokyo hobby show. I think one member actually made it.

jeff

cteno4

It is nice to see how many folks have been able to meet up all over the world after meeting on JNS! I’ve gotten to meet about a dozen folks from around in person after meeting on then on JNS. Love to do a japan meetup, but that kind of travel is still out of me still unfortunately.

jeff

I was thinking that maybe we could have a shared calendar or something so we can see when people are overlapping in Japan, but I don't know how to make one.

• Like 1
Grant_T
Posted (edited)

Sorry, for the slow reply, I don't even know what day it is due to the travel (and the sake). Tony's suggestion seems the best of a place to meet.

Edited by Grant_T

I will be in Tokyo in August for JAM, if anyone is there I am game.

• Like 1

We had a nice nyc meetup the year the club did the Japan week at grand central. Had a few in the nyc area come in and Mayikoji came up from Philly. Doing regional meetups could also be a fun idea. We are lucky to have a concentration here in DC as well as a place many have to come to for business or pleasure and we get to see on their rips here.

jeff

• Like 1