Displaying my anime postcards at Games Galore

Dillon

Today I did my third public event at a local hobby/pop culture store in my local mall for the 20th anniversary of the Fate/Stay Night series, compared to the last two events, this one didn't do as well as I thought it would, not as much interaction as I wanted, but got some looks, but that's all it. The thought reality of doing this type of event is having enough people to be interested, even though it wasn't Games Galore's fault, I might not display at that store until I figure out what works at that store. My next display event is at the newest anime and pop culture theme convention in my state, Aerie Con!!!

IMG_1410.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 2

Dillion,

good you are trying this. In a public spot like that it can be very hard to figure out how to reach the audience. Folks may think you are selling something and be hesitant to approach as well. Also it’s a bit of a distracted audience with a lot of other things around going on and folks came there for other reasons so sometimes hard for them to stop and smell the roses so to speak. Even airport exhibits have issues with this with a captive audience of bored folks waiting for a plane. Did you have any title up and descriptions of them? Might be good to create a poster board that has a paragraph introduction and maybe a label card for each card that has characters/year and any other background on them. This may help draw folks in and get more interested and focused. Both the store and mall are a big distraction.

keep at it in that situation it will take some experimenting to see what draws people in. Good on you for trying this.

jeff

3 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Did you have any title up and descriptions of them?

The idea was to describe the postcards and explain what the postcards are and what anime they are from, like how a tour guide of a railroad museum or a regular museum describes each artifact, you're right I could have something descriptive about this or that, but with the limited space I have on a table in these type of events and much paper I don't want to waste to be fair, I could honestly do titles depending on the postcards if they have a title or not, the honest goal is doing this more like a museum and have anime fans, old or new be interested in these anime. I might do a fourth one before the convention, it depends on the location and how I do it, it's like a test each time.

-Dillon