Lets see your Koki

bc6

ED75-775

Amateur hour, tutorial-level content incoming...

image.thumb.jpg.0b6d2ca6ecbb91f23a05ed6b5055677f.jpg

OK, not much to see here, but I am heading back to Japan in May so there’s a good chance I can do a spot of levelling up!

Most of this came from Rokko or Zenmarket with the exception of the Kato 10-815 (TradeMe).

Alastair

• Like 4

This is such a dangerous thread that you would only want to buy more and more containers...

Presenting some Koki 200, including some I purchased before and some new KATO releases. 

Image (21).jpg

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Wolf said:

... I need Koki 200 ...

I consider that as "I need Koki 200, and I need more budget to procure more fluid containers on is..."

It might be a good time now as both KATO/ TOMIX are making Koki 200 recently.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Good to see shorties represented!

Mandarake and Yahoo Auction were very kind to me! 
=^,^=

Kingmeow
On 3/26/2024 at 11:05 PM, chadbag said:

These aren't all.  

The box with containers are my Japanese containers but don't include a bunch of the more recent ones I've bought, nor do they include any that came as a set with the KoKi (including a bunch of KoKi with at least two different Yamato containers, some KoKi 200 with tank containers, and a ton of JNR KoKi with containers).  The box with KoKi are not all the KoKi and a small corner of the box has some tank and box cars but it's mostly KoKi.  I also have the KATO 106/107 set and a bunch of other ones in other boxes.

Also does not include my US and European intermodal containers and flatcars/intermodal container carrier cars.  About the only US train cars I have are intermodal since they have containers on them and I have 5 or 6 KATO sets, some independent / individual cars or sets of cars, and a few flatcars with semi truck trailers and a ton of 3rd party containers I've bought (ISO 20 and ISO 40, and also the 45/48 and 53 footers).  Nor does it include a good assortment of German/Swiss/Austrian/other european flat cars and containers.

IMG_4724.thumb.jpeg.84d5b186055303579b3d5c2fc68e3c6c.jpegIMG_4723.thumb.jpeg.d1501800f2c6a1a5aa5663eec0d44b73.jpeg

Hmmm....you have enough that you can build one of those large container ships on your layout!  🤣

• Like 1

Today I think I added to my Koki collection the last Koki set but don't quote me on that please. 

20240408_212227.jpg

• Like 6
2 hours ago, bc6 said:

Today I think I added to my Koki collection the last Koki set but don't quote me on that please. 

Nah, its fine. I added my last Containers a few times already too. 😛

• Haha 2

You know you're right, I have my eye on a Super Rail Cargo U50A Container Loading Basic 4-Car 10-1721 lol. I'm trying really hard not to purchase it lol 😄

1 hour ago, bc6 said:

I have my eye on a Super Rail Cargo U50A Container Loading Basic 4-Car 10-1721 lol. I'm trying really hard not to purchase it lol 

@Wolfsays it doesn’t count so just go for it. 😂

• Like 1

Kamome I may do that lets see how much the budget gods will allow me to spend.

• Haha 1
b.nice2000

Some 3D prints in N-scale .. from top

long flat with 3 containers

long well car

American box car

long coal wagon.

prints.jpg

Edited by b.nice2000
marknewton

One of the two KoKis I own. 

spacer.png

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 6
marknewton

The ChiKi is from Tramway, but the KoKi is made by Tenshodo. The other KoKi I have is from Tomix. I only wanted two or three of them to show steam-hauled intermodal freight.

Cheers,

Mark.

deathletter

I am thinking about purchasing Tomix 3175, 3169 and 3127 ISO 20 foot tank containers. They are more expensive than the Kato ISO 20 foot containers. Does anyone here have them and how do they compare to the Kato ISO containers?

A photo of some Tomix Yamato containers that I purchased three or four years ago. I'm trying not to stray to far off topic....  

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 4
chadbag

For me the difference between KATO and Tomix containers, whether ISO tank or standard, is the variety.  Tomix and KATO make different ones so you get more variety with both.  That's my take.

Posted (edited)

@deathletter HOLY COW!!! Deathletter that's amazing I've never seen that many varieties of Yamoto containers in one picture :love4:

Edited by bc6
  • Like 3