Karakura, N scale.

Huib

Thanks. What were your feelings on the Tokyo diorama kit? How do they compare to sankei and amagi modeling idea kits (if you have done any of those). I’ve been meaning to order a could of the Tokyo diorama kits to try out.

cheers,

jeff

They are more or less equal to the Sankei kits. Same level of quality and detail. I don't know the Amagi ones.

Grtz! Huib

Edited by Huib

Do they use the same type of laserboard that has pigment all thru the board and heavy resin with little singing on the cut edges like the sankei?

thanks

jeff

Sorry I’ll be more specific with my questions;

Does the coloration of the cardboard go all the way thru the material or is it just on the outside faces?

Also any singing along the edges?

jeff

Hi Jeff,

Yes, the cardboard is coloured through, but the edges are effected by the burn marks of the laser. What do you mean with 'singing along the edges'?

Grtz, Huib

Huib,

Thanks! Wow someone else has that sankei laserboard or a similar one. Most of the lasercut kits use the just co,red on the outside bits which ends up with the white (now burned dark brown) interiors showing on edges that you need to deal with. 

Yes the singing I was asking about was the edge burning (sorry should have just said burned). I still don’t know how sankei does their cutting with very little edge burning if any at times. I’ve always expected they use a a lot of resin in their laserboard as it’s really hard to cut with a knife. Also dialed in their laser just right I guess.

cheers,

jeff

@Huib @cteno4

Curse of having to proof read as part of my job.

The confusion may have been due to the missing e. 

Singe - singeing (lightly burnt)

Sing - singing (making music with voice)

Sorry to be that guy!!

• Haha 2

Sorry Jeff, not having a go. As a number of members speak English as a second language, just trying to defuse the miscommunication, not highlight any errors. 

The word “singeing” is one of those words that really doesn’t look correct when you look at it.