What are your thoughts on Oxford vehicles

I picked up the Oxford ambulance and thought it may work with the Busch vans scale wise what do you think?

zrpvqUIm.jpg

Edited by bc6

My personal take on 1:148 vs 1:150 vs 1:160 is that (particularly for scenic items) mostly there's no jarring difference, unless you have models of exactly the same thing in different scales placed next to one-another. YMMV.

• Like 1
Claude_Dreyfus

As 'Squid says, if they are not close to one another then the difference is not too noticeable. Ambulances are bulky vehicles in any respect, but the scale difference between the two Sprinters is pretty clear in your picture.

• Like 1

I’ve found my eye tends to notice 1:150 to 1:160 vehicle differences even when a few inches apart, but it may just be my brain. 1:144 near 1:150 I don’t notice quite as much but I’ve found some of the 1:144 cheap stuff looks a bit pudgier in its moulding and may be a bit larger than scale.

luckily there are so many Japanese 1/150 vehicles that I now just stick to them.

jeff

• Like 1

Differences may be more noticeable if one is not to scale. Remembering the EMS vehicles I saw in Prague, I think the body may be larger than Japanese vehicles. EMS in Japan use small vans. EMS in Prague have large square bodies.

Just as high as a 3145mm tram.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1