So, I finally got to see this tonight.  I was sure it had left the theater by now, but looked last night and there were 4 showings for today.  I decided I was going to go, alone if need be.  My son is in the missionary training center busy learning Japanese and is away for the next 2 years, but I asked my daughter and wife and the wife said she would go. I told her it was an opportunity to watch a movie in her native language...  Daughter wasn't interested.  Her loss.

Anyway, I thought it a very good movie, and true to the original and the spirit of Godzilla.    I thoroughly enjoyed it and got caught up in the emotions of it.

Hollywood could not have made this film no matter how hard they tried.  Most of the good writers in Hollywood died a generation ago (if not two).

I'm not going to talk much about it (for the one other person who hasn't seen it yet) but if you get a chance, I'd recommend seeing it.

Now I want to go back and find my Gojira DVD and watch the original.

• Like 2

Yes I completely agree, good flick and true to original. Interesting addition of history bits to it. worth a theatre visit. Caught it on a weekday matinee with senior discount for $12!

Still bummed they have goji’s head so tiny, can’t take him seriously with a little possum head that looks like one hissing at me in the backyard. Mouth is not as menacing.

cheers

jeff

Chadbag, ticket sales have been going so well, they keep extending the run.

I'm afraid you're stuck with the head styling Jeff.  The movie one is now patterned after the ride at Seibuen Amusement Park.

Looks like I'll be going out for a 4th viewing in a couple of weeks — re-mastered black and white version opens in the US for a limited run 26 January!

Both versions are currently scheduled to end their US run on 1 February.

Edited by Cat

Hmmm maybe i should go again! Also maybe to see the remastered original on the big screen!

yes I know, just such a childhood fan of the shows era goji.

sadly not seeing original movie listed around here.

jeff

18 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Hmmm maybe i should go again! Also maybe to see the remastered original on the big screen!

It's G-1/c (minus colour) that's been re-mastered into B&W — not a mere filter shift.  

Original G was remastered some years ago, saw that in the theaters here and have had the DVD for quite some time.

At least the current G doesn't look like he's going to do a Highland Fling victory dance any time soon.  He's a bit more serious than that now.
: 3

Edited by Cat