Train predictions for 2010?

NozomiFan

Yes, the North Rainbow Express is a 5 cars DMU. No more, no less.

And Ash, I'm not sure paypal is the only limitations with the Yahoo Auctions Site. They don't use paypal but I also think that most of the Japanese don't care to ship internationaly.

Thats a shame really because they could open themselves up to more potential customers if they did ship items to overseas buyers. But equally so, I can understand their reasons to a degree of some point, because not all Japanese sellers can speak or understand English and also not many British N gauge modellers can speak or understand Japanese either :grin

Though personally I use either Google or Yahoo! translation to interpret the Japanese text into English. But mainly I import most of my Kato and Tomix stuff from Osaka via Plaza Japan and I have been a customer to them since 2006. Also even with the import fees (EU Tax/Stamp Duty Tax etc) it still works out cheaper for me to import direct from Japan rather than buying the Japanese Model trains from dealers within the UK would offer.

Thanks also for informing me that the North Rainbow Express is a 5 car DMU/DEMU and not a four car, I am not sure what I was thinking of when I said six in the first place - maybe the Series 281 "Haruka" Kansai Airport train that I am seeking for my Model Railway :laugh:.

Many Japanese online sites only ship domestically.  COD is common in Japan even with online dealers as Japan is mainly a cash society.  I believe Amazon Japan sells COD within Japan.  You'd never see that here.

I'd like to see Kato re-release just the Saro E230 double deck cars (I think tokaido line). Man those are hard to find (and kicking myself for not buying it at the Shinjuku Kato store when I was there cause I didn't feel like paying full MSRP, of what like Y3,400 hahaha).

Claude_Dreyfus

Omnomnomnom

10012129.jpg

Source: http://blog.joshinweb.jp/joshintrain/

Lookin' good Tomix! Seems like the model is going to cost less the 7000 Yen. Maybe I oughtta drop the idea of changing to electrification from diesel. I'd even settle for an unpainted model. :cheesy

Hmmm... Looks good. I have the two TDE10s, so this would be an excellent addition to my third-sector fleet. Can't wait...

But wait... Why? You can do everything you want with your layout. But we won't tell anything, that will be our little dirty secret.  :grin