Train predictions for 2010?

NozomiFan

So This topic we could discuss what you think is coming in 2010.

Here's my list.

E5 Shinkansen

KATO Dr. Yellow 700

655 Imperial Train

I hate being sick.....

I think that's a bad period for new release (more $$$ for new molding :sad:)

maybe a lot of new color version and renewed release of old stock (locos and coach) and a lot of fake Microace new release (they change the item number only for the new led light)

what I wait?

one new Shinkansen 500 8 cars V set (from Kato and/or Tomix, only a little modify of one car and 2 roof w/panto)

one renewed Shinkansen 200 16 cars H set (from Tomix so they complete renovation of the old release or from Microace, the best 200 series factory after Kawasaki  :grin )

one Shinkansen E3-2000 Tsubasa subseries (from Kato or Tomix only the frontal light change)

one Shinkansen 800 1000 subseries (from Tomix or Kato, new frontal light and different paint)

all those models can be obtained with a limited budget

my dream is..

JR East S51 (from Kato/Tomix to complete the E3 family or Microace to complete the East-e East-d diagnostic train family and maybe the rest of Dr.Yellow like T3, S1, S2...)

(sorry I'm Shinkansen intoxicated)

ciao

Massimo

We will have a very good idea what is coming in May when the Shizouka Hobby Show is held. The fiscal year end in Japan is March 31 and this May show is usually the first indication of new products. The first two days are trade only usually very little leaks out, on Saturday and Sunday the show is open to the public. This is from last year's show.

http://jtrains.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/shizuoka-hobby-show-photos/

http://jtrains.wordpress.com/2009/05/16/shizuoka-hobby-show-video/

Just for good measure, this was the JNS thread.

http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,1030.0/topicseen.html

So This topic we could discuss what you think is coming in 2010.

Here's my list.

E5 Shinkansen

KATO Dr. Yellow 700

655 Imperial Train

I hate being sick.....

I've heard one indication so far the we will see the 655. If it was coming I think we would have heard something. It could be a licensing issue.

Claude_Dreyfus

maybe a lot of new color version and renewed release of old stock (locos and coach) and a lot of fake Microace new release (they change the item number only for the new led light)

Perhaps a Rap:t 5000?  :grin

More likely one of them will release the EF510-500

Indeed!

I would like to see Kato or MicroAce (with a different fleet number) issue the Nankai Rapi:t 50000 once more as I may get the chance to finally operate one on my layout as originally planned. But I would like to see Kiha 81 set from Kato make a comeback and also the Kiha 183 "Grand View" (the one that operates is Hokkaido) as although it is not a Kansai unit and it would only run on my layout on special occasions such as my birthday etc. It is a nice model. Also I would like to see Tomix release the JR 700 7-car Doctor Yellow as a complete set in a bookcase box :grin.

Perhaps a Rap:t 5000?  :grin

More likely one of them will release the EF510-500

Maybe a Rap:t 5000, I hope this for you (I already have the old in wooden box)

Another one EF510 but only from one factory please, not again 2 from Kato, 2 from Tomix and 2 from Microace  :cheesy

(and 3 of those are the same EF510-1 protoype  :bootyshake:)

ciao

Massimo

More crazy Tomytec Tetsudou Collection releases. I'm hoping for more releases of Toukyuu based trains, like from the Towada RR and Toyohashi RR. Also, a 2-car ex-Eidan 6000 Series in Kumamoto RR livery would be much appreciated. I'm also hoping for a Le-II DMU railbus variation set, as used by many 3rd sector railways.

Is this what we think the manufacturers will release or what we would like them to release?

I'd like to see Kato do more variety of Unitram track pieces so I don't get dizzy watching my Portrams run round in circles, or at least have the current track available as individual pieces.

On the 655, I still believe we won't see anyone do a model while it is still in use as the Imperial train, Kato and Micro-Ace have done Imperial trains but I believe they have been previous versions like Kato's series 157 no longer in use as such in the real world. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of agreement, even if it's just a gentlemen's handshake, in this regard between the manufacturers and the government/royal household as the Japanese Emperor is held in much higher esteem than most western heads of state, he was after all still regarded as a deity until 1945. There may also be security concerns about modelling the train the Emperor is travelling around in, probably unfounded, but most security concerns are. If I'm wrong I'll be among the first to log onto HW to reserve one, but I don't think we'll see a 655 until the prototype has been retired from Imperial train service. :sad:

I really want a Keiyo E331, the prototype "AC Train" ("Advanced Commuter Train", not AC power).

I'd be pretty excited about the E655 Imperial train too, but I fear westfalen is right, I can see that being off-limits. Although its really only one car that's "Imperial" as I understand it. The rest of the train is used for visiting dignitaries and other state uses, and there have been photographs of those cars.  Maybe they could do a model with drawn curtains for the Imperial car.

If I can hold of a Kiha 81 DEMU set from Kato and the MicroAce Nankai Rapi:t 50000 this year, I will be a very happy person!

I wouldn't expect the 655 and the E5 released this year. Maybe, early 2011 for the E5 and in some years from now for the 655.

And as far as my whishes are concerned, I'd like to see the (re)release of some 485-3000 (Hakucho and Inaho), the E751 (Tsugaru), the Kiha 183  Asahiyama Zoo, a JR Shikoku 2000 in An Pan Man livery and the new Marine Liner.

@EWS: which one is the Kiha183 "Grand View" you are refering to?

@all: with all the people asking for A Rap:t Microace should definately make another run of it.

655 Imperial Train is what I want, but I doubt they are going to do it. It's already been three years since its introduction to service.

Which I think is about when Kato and Micro-Ace announced their models of the previous loco hauled Imperial train. When we hear of the 655's replacement I think we will also hear of it in new model announcements.

@EWS: which one is the Kiha183 "Grand View" you are refering to?

This is the only image of the version I am referring to that I found on Google

series-kiha183-5200-1.jpg

I am fairly certain its named "Grand View" because of the saloon windows though I am open to correction! :grin.

Cheers

Ash

Aaah! The North Rainbow Express. It's a nice set, I saw one for 11.000 Yen on Yahoo Auctions last week. Definately a nice train but I don't care so much for the 3 car version.

I'd like to see Kato do more variety of Unitram track pieces so I don't get dizzy watching my Portrams run round in circles, or at least have the current track available as individual pieces.

I put a vote for this one.  :grin

I put a vote for this one.  :grin

another one it's me!

I recived today the box with 2 LRV tram and the basic Portram set, AMAZING!!! now I'm happy to sold my previous Tomix version (I wait the last tram released today and I hope the other livery are released in the future)

Massimo

Aaah! The North Rainbow Express. It's a nice set, I saw one for 11.000 Yen on Yahoo Auctions last week. Definately a nice train but I don't care so much for the 3 car version.

Ah so thats what this unit is officially known as? :grin. Thanks for the info, ideally I would like this Kiha 183 in the 6 car formation but I am happy to settle for a 3 car version as I could then use this unit as a route-learner train for training my N gauge drivers! :laugh:.

Regarding Yahoo Auctions, its a shame that they do not use PayPal as a valid payment system because then I could use Yahoo Auctions directly, rather than having to go via other websites such as snoitcuAnapaJ and the like.

Ah so thats what this unit is officially known as? :grin. Thanks for the info, ideally I would like this Kiha 183 in the 6 car formation but I am happy to settle for a 3 car version as I could then use this unit as a route-learner train for training my N gauge drivers! :laugh:.

Regarding Yahoo Auctions, its a shame that they do not use PayPal as a valid payment system because then I could use Yahoo Auctions directly, rather than having to go via other websites such as snoitcuAnapaJ and the like.

As far as I know real thing was only ever a four car train.

As far as I know real thing was only ever a four car train.

I have to correct myself, I meant five car.