Middle truck picking points!

CaptOblivious

CaptOblivious

I finally got my Tomix EF81 all converted to DCC, hoorah. But while running it in, I discovered a new difficulty! The middle (unpowered) truck is picking points. Indeed, it's coming right off the rails, with some regularity! A re-railing track doesn't help, indeed, it seems to hurt. Removing the truck makes all the difficulties go away, so I'm certain that's the cause.

Any thoughts on how best to keep this thing on the tracks? The spring that holds it in place does seem awfully flimsy. Perhaps that's to blame?

CaptOblivious

I just solved my own problem. So here's the solution if you're having similar difficulties:

Make sure the middle truck is installed up-side-right! D'oh!

I just solved my own problem. So here's the solution if you're having similar difficulties:

:grin  That gave me a much-need snort of humor this morning! And I'm not picking on you--it was a total "boy, that's the kind of thing *I* would do" moment of recognition....

CaptOblivious

:grin  That gave me a much-need snort of humor this morning! And I'm not picking on you--it was a total "boy, that's the kind of thing *I* would do" moment of recognition....

:D It was funny to me at the time, too.