Amenomiya (KDK) 雨の宮 (小平電鉄会社)

Beaver

Speaking of painting, here is that little low relief building again.

8ce85B.jpg

It is the tea company offices, across the yard from the warehouses. I am making up a yard gate to occupy the gap in between.

• Like 3

Toi-re wa doko? Toi-re wa koko................

6Kk09w.jpg

For once I added most of the detail before putting the walls together. I'm not sure that that was a good idea.

Window frames are a big problem on scratchbuilt buildings. Here I cheated and created false windows by building the frames directly onto the wall. Since they are very small windows and their positions would not allow a view through the building I think the illusion will work. I note that Iori Koobou and others now offer window frame sets for scratchbuilders. I think that is the way to go with anything more windowed than this.

I also modelled the doors closed even though they would probably be open all the time (or not even there), again to try and avoid making it clear that this is a simple box with no interior. On the layout it's supposed to be a brief lull of bright sunshine and stillness on a generally nasty soaking and blustery day. That explains so many closed windows and doors.

Hr60oS.jpg

Walls together.

0F99IW.jpg

Based and braced. This is probably excessive bracing but after so many warped plasticard models I'm taking no chances with this one going out of shape.

HAsPa0.jpg

Roof carcass is very simple.

After attaching the roof carcass I realised that there were two very important features missing. A thick protruding base around the bottom, and a wooden privacy screen in front of the doors.

rIDDLw.jpg

Rectified, and the roof tiles put on, but not yet the ridge tiles. I know the screen is tilting; it is not glued in place as that would get in the way of painting the front wall and the back of the screen.

HuoA87.jpg

Another small building acted as a placeholder to show where the toilet would go.

• Like 6

Sorry about the poor quality of some of the recent pictures. A lot of it seems to be down to the lighting. Layout lights only in a dark room seems to work best so it's a question of making the effort to do that every time.

Bj4Xpw.jpg

Toilets tried in place. It still needs a platform socket cut for it.

• Like 4

Where is the que of desperate folks waiting for the toilets to open!? Maybe kobaru makes some figures like this…

jeff

• Haha 2