$158 for Kato 205 Senseki Line?

scott

Somebody's listing a Kato 4-car 205 set on eBay for $158 with shipping. I'm tempted, since it's from Tohoku (although I'd prefer a 701 or 719 from farther north). But is this a reasonable price for a 4-car set, or does it sound high? (Whether or not I can afford is a separate question, of course...).

Thanks, guys--I'm not sure if it's used or not, but either way it's steep.

But to *really* take the cake, somebody's trying to sell a 3-car Ban'etsu 455 for about $195 with shipping!

I'm going to take a guess and say your "someone" is Plaza Japan, and the actual set is Kato 10-916.

The price you list is with shipping, so $138 + $20 EMS, not $158 for the set itself.

The item itself is a special 4 color set (each car is painted in a different full body color scheme)

Kato's original MSRP was $140 (13000 yen)

It is out of production and sold out in most places. When Hobby Search had stock from the last run, they sold it for $125.

If you are looking for just any generic 4 car Kato set then you can get cheaper, but you will pay more for a premium set like this regardless of where you shop.

The price is not sky high, it's just that you are giving way too generic a description, and you are including EMS shipping in your price.

Sorry--should have been more clear. Plus I'm not well informed about the different versions and prices; I didn't realize that this was a special set, or that there were other 205s from that area available. I'll try to be more careful...

Krackel Hopper

The price is not sky high, it's just that you are giving way too generic a description, and you are including EMS shipping in your price.

Maybe I am wrong, but I do not know of any other Kato 4 Car Senseki Line train set..

Also, the original post stated "$158 with shipping."

I'm going to take a guess and say your "someone" is Plaza Japan, and the actual set is Kato 10-916.

Oh dear lord no. I wasn't referring to Plaza on this. While not a big fan on how Jun doies his shipping, I do not see his prices being all tat out of line with the market. there's one, maybe two that are way higher, but I'm not going to let past history on the boards repeat and name names. The senior most guys on here know who I am referring to.