The worst part about model railroading is...

NozomiFan

Cleaning isn't a problem when you get the Tomix mobile track cleaner.  :grin

Looking at buying that in January along with some Mini Curve track to test out. What exactly does the power cord plugged into it do? Is it meant to be plugged into an AC accessory plug, or is it just a built in feeder cable (DC)?

It is meant to operate the cleaning track separately from transformer to track power source if you like.

Meanwhile, this thing will suck up all the dirt and dust.

TOMIX%20Track%20Cleaning%20Car%201.jpg

....ballasting; closely followed by wiring....

Amen to Ballasting....but I really like wiring.

mbloes - cleaning is a pain but mantinance on turnouts not a favorite of mine. Just when you get one turnout working another train has problems with it. :BangHead:

I used to use a liquid track cleaner from my LHS made but the owner recently passed away (store closed) What do you use?

Cleaning isn't a problem when you get the Tomix mobile track cleaner.  :grin

I guess I wasn't just referring to track; it was more like the entire layout.  Like vacuuming building tops, removing vehicles to clean streets, vacuuming foliage.  My layout is 10x6 and the cleaning is relentless.

Regardless, here is my cleaning gear:

4228993698_f56df53711_o.jpg

And while a little bit off-topic, I've yet to find a vehicle (the Tomix car included) that can effectively clean track better than manually doing it.  I just got some hard abrasive thingie on an aluminum rod from Micro-Mark that I'm going to check out this weekend.  We'll see how it goes.

trying to work in the garage shop on rr stuff when its in the 20s and 30s! not fun... at least the snow suit helps, but the fingers and nose, ouch!

jeff

CaptOblivious

Missing one of the batch production runs,,,,and having to wait 2 or 3 years for another run!!

Lew

Seconded!

Talking of Production runs, I would like MicroAce to do another run of the Nankai Series 50000 Rapi:t train that runs from Nankai Namba to Kansai International as I need one of them for my layout I am building :cool:). Though while I am using a Wrexham & Shropshire set with a Class 67 for the time being, its somewhat wrong for a Japanese themed layout :cheesy.

Talking of Production runs, I would like MicroAce to do another run of the Nankai Series 50000 Rapi:t train that runs from Nankai Namba to Kansai International as I need one of them for my layout I am building :cool:).

You may have to watch for a second-hand Nankai 50000 Rap:t.  Microace is reputed not to re-issue models unless the model or paint scheme changes.

Talking of Production runs, I would like MicroAce to do another run of the Nankai Series 50000 Rapi:t train that runs from Nankai Namba to Kansai International as I need one of them for my layout I am building :cool:).

You may have to watch for a second-hand Nankai 50000 Rap:t.  Microace is reputed not to re-issue models unless the model or paint scheme changes.

So Bill the only other way for me to get a MicroAce Rap:t set is to have someone in Japan paint a different color for me on the original one? :grin :grin

So Bill the only other way for me to get a MicroAce Rap:t set is to have someone in Japan paint a different color for me on the original one? :grin :grin

That sounds like thats what it would take.  But nooooooo signs of that sooooo far......

I have probably mentioned this but, information, information, information.  It took me quite a while to learn enough to start my B&O layout but that was easy, it was all in English.  This Japanese thing is proving even more difficult  ???  And waiting......zzzzzzzzzz have just ordered my first train from HW, now have to wait for it to arrive zzzzzz

trying to work in the garage shop on rr stuff when its in the 20s and 30s! not fun... at least the snow suit helps, but the fingers and nose, ouch!

jeff

I'm sorry Jeff - I'm trying to make it colder in my garage, which is located one mile from the Rose Bowl, in order to sympathize with you.  But this darn 75 degree weather just won't let me!

oh man, think we can run some dryer hose between the garage and we can cross hvac?!

i screwed up sat when gluing the supports for our new mountain on the new jrm layout. i had to bring all the pieces inside to glue them (glue does not set up properly in 20-30 degree weather, gets very brittle and just snaps after drying!) and i forgot when i got around to gluing them once the pieces had warmed up that i had them in the mirror image from cutting them out! arrrrggggg i glued them well enough that they wont come apart, so its back into the shop today to remake them at like 30 at the warmest!

hopefully i come back in with all the fingers between the table saw and the cold!

cheers

jeff