My top 5 favourite Japanese trains

The Birmingham train spotter

5) The EF210,this Bo Bo Bo electric freight locomotive was built in 1996 by Kawasaki Heavy Industry and used by JR Freight

4) The HD300, This Bo Bo Diesel Hybrid was built in 2010 by Toshiba and used by JR Freight as a Diesel Shunter

3) The EF66, This Bo Bo Bo electric freight locomotive was built in 1966 by Kawasaki Heavy and and used for mix traffic services 

2) The EF65, This Bo Bo Bo electric freight locomotive was Built in 1965 by Kawasaki Heavy Industry and used for mix traffic services

1) the EH200 ,this Bo Bo Bo + Bo electric freight locomotive was built in 2001 by Toshiba and used for Tanker trains

these are my favourite Japanese trains today

• Like 2

Your top 5 at the moment, anyway. Japanese railways is a deep rabbit hole to fall down. You can see the heavy JRF influence in your pick and I’m sure you are having fun finding out about more and more of the huge range of Japanese rolling stock.

I have more “favourites” in JNR era but there are still a lot of modern trains I like.  I don’t know if i can name my top 5 without having to change it multiple times as I overlook other trains.

All the best

• Like 3

To be honest these are my main favourite locomotives I see on YouTube..I still need to learn about DMUs,EMUs,Shinkansen engines and steam engines

gavino200

Those are all awesome locos. I'd never seen the HD300 before, but I really like it's livery. What would you haul with those locos? That's another rabbit hole for you!

• Like 1

To be honest I'd have these

EF210 on container duties

HD300 For shunting

EF66 on the blue Fuji train

EF65 on freight duty

EH200 on tanker trains

• Like 1