What is this sound at Tsukuba Express stations?

mojo

Right at the start of this video you can hear a chirping sound. Seems to be at all stations on this line. Anyone know what it is?

The only other thing I can say is that there are several objects making this noise at the platform. It seems to move down the platform with maybe 30 seconds between chirps.

A bird chirp?

https://www.nihonnaka.com/why-is-there-music-at-japanese-train-stations/

The chirping bird sounds at Japanese train stations are there to guide blind people. Just like the yellow tactile paving you see everywhere, they help blind people to navigate. The speakers are located at the exits, so it’s easier for visually impared people to locate them. That’s why you can hear bird sounds at Japanese train stations.

• Like 5

That makes sense. The "ping pong" they have at JR stations and many other places are for the same purpose, it just never occurred to me that they would use a bird chirp.

It's interesting that Japan has done so much for the blind. Tactile guides everywhere, audio cues and the like. On the other hand wheelchair accessibility is quite poor at a lot of places. At JR the staff will help out with ramps etc. but I think if I were disabled I'd probably feel a bit embarrassed to request them.