Sign in to follow this  
railsquid

New vehicle for Tomytec to model - a bomb disposal machine

railsquid

At least I think it's for bomb disposal and the like. Came across it a while back, fortunately not in action (there was some kind of police show going on).

tokyo-bomb-disposal-thing.jpg

• Like 5

JR 500系

It looks like a vehicle out of Metal Slug 😛

It's probably a mine sweeper perhaps? or something to send into radioactive spaces or dangerous situations, however, i observed that a driver is required behind which might not be suitable for dangerous scenrios... 

Socimi
5 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

It's probably a mine sweeper perhaps? or something to send into radioactive spaces or dangerous situations, however, i observed that a driver is required behind which might not be suitable for dangerous scenrios... 

It's more of a "thinkering with a ready-to-blow bomb from a relatively sufficient safe distance away" kind of machine. They're usually operated by a Bomb disposal squad member in a 35Kg-heavy EOD suit.

• Like 1

Welshbloke

I'm surprised they don't just use a tracked ROV like most do, would have thought a good VR headset and a couple of cameras on a pan/tilt mount would give the operator a decent view with some depth perception. Plus you could overlay useful details like plans, wiring diagrams for whatever the bomb has been hidden in, etc.

cteno4

i have a radioactive handling truck somewhere a friend brought back from japan, its about 1/144 scale i think. odd little beast, ill have to go dig it out.

jeff

• Like 1

maihama eki

I think it's a rig to be used at the airport by immigration officers for handling foreigner's passports after the the travel ban is lifted.

• Haha 5