JR freight EH200-10 "ECO POWER Blue Thunder"

bill937ca

I thought that I had recognized the crossing in the video.  It's the Kagetsuen-mae crossing (#19 crossing) Keihin Tohoku Line/Tokaido Main Line/Tokaido Freight Line & Keikyu Line Taken Friday 8th June 2018. 

hTtTHLC.jpg

hSXRxX9.jpg

Crossing looking north. Tsurumi Station is towards the right and Yokohama Station is towards the left. Kagetsu-sojiji Station, Keikyu Line is immediately to the left.

S2fInFI.jpg

Kagetsuen-mae Crossing (#19.crossing) Tokaido Main Line/Tokaido Freight Line Crossing marker.

F2YyeQg.jpg

Kagetsuen-mae Crossing (#19.crossing) Tokaido Main Line This sign also has information about the Emergency Stop Button above and contact info. The crossing information is on top. I believe that the crossing number decreases to the right towards Tsurumaki Station and Tokyo Station may be the terminus.

ARHleQd.jpg

Looking at the crossing from the other side. Kagetsu-sojiji Station, Keikyu Line is to the right. Tsurumaki Station is now o the left side.

ZWj43Gv.jpg

Looking left towards Tsurumaki Station.

2ytH1GP.jpg

Looking right towards Yokohama station.

XH4hYO9.jpg

Utility hut?

VNtIn8f.jpg

Warning signs for the crossing.

IHMVeTV.jpg

Bus stop next to the crossing.

hPF2Adx.jpg

Bus stop sign with map of stops.

cVQjADR.jpg

4xBJ70S.jpg

Crossing signal and rail fencing.

LPTuRkt.jpg

These are just the detail pics of the crossing. My shots of rail traffic that day was lost in the hd that died shortly after. I haven't been there since. 

Grant

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

grant, 

thanks as always for all the great detail shots! Nice picts and great for modeling ideas!

cheers

jeff

• Like 1

Great pics Grant, thank you.  I would sure be interested to know what that column of lights(?) is on the utility hut.

bikkuri bahn
2 hours ago, miyakoji said:

Great pics Grant, thank you.  I would sure be interested to know what that column of lights(?) is on the utility hut.

I reckon they are occupancy indicators for the JR East and JR Freight tracks (8 lines total up/down directions so 8 lights) that light up when a train approaches. Intended to alert/inform the grade crossing keeper, though it looks like this facility is now unstaffed. There are similar shaped indicators used by station staff at Meitetsu's Inuyama Station to alert them on train movements, as this important junction station has numerous train movements in various directions with the same platform side track(s) serving both up and down direction trains (not common in general railway operations practice in Japan). 

• Like 4