Re-railing N-Gauge trains-How do you do it.

bc6

Depending on the mood  I'm in I either use my hands to place the trains on the track or use a Kato re-railer. Im curious how do you re-re-rail your trains.

CaptOblivious

Depending on the mood  I'm in I either use my hands to place the trains on the track or use a Kato re-railer. Im curious how do you re-re-rail your trains.

I use either the Tomix re-railer (just like the Kato one, but yellow, ooooh!), or if it's handy, I'll just run the car a few times over a Tomix re-railer track piece.

Sometimes I just do it by hand, though.

They never fail! I use Tomix rail!

That's a dirty dirty lie.

Anyways, I use the good old hand. Ever since I've bought T-Gauge I can't stand re-railers. When T-Gauge is so easy to re-rail, why should N be a problem?

I usally have a small issue re-railing my trains using the kato re-railer, I dont give myself enough room to re-rail the whole train. Personally Id love to see a device like the Tomix & Kato re-railer that was longer that could accommodate say 4 cars or so.

I do it by hand, and I leave my models on the layout for long periods of time (usually semi-permanent). I also have a Tomix rerailer on the layout that corrects any wayward wheels.  :cheesy

Like bc6 .. depends on my mood, if I use a rerailer its a Kato one.  I also use this now I'm getting catenary masts installed, as there's not much room for my big ol hands

G.