Tokyo subway 'phantom station' reveals itself to passengers for first time in nearly 90 years

Tokyo subway 'phantom station' reveals itself to passengers for first time in nearly 90 years

https://japantoday.com/category/features/lifestyle/tokyo-subway-'phantom-station'-reveals-itself-to-passengers-for-first-time-in-nearly-90-years

There was a Tamori program that looked at the older portions of the Ginza Line. One interesting part showed an old manhole cover dating to this period. I tried looking for it but couldn't. Tamori is a rail fan and his evening show often have a railway theme. 

An earlier article from Sora24.

Tokyo subway ”phantom station” reveals itself to passengers for first time in nearly 90 years.

https://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/11/29/tokyo-subway-phantom-station-reveals-itself-to-passengers-for-first-time-in-nearly-90-years/

Grant

Edited by gmat
  • Like 2

From the Japan Today article: "Part of the remaining station building has even been repurposed as a stylish dining/shopping complex, which boasts a cafe with the most intensely dynamic view of trains that you’ll find in Tokyo." - is this the cafe that featured in a Japan Railway Journal on NHK?

I've cycled around looking for the outside of this station, the Museum Zoo Station. It was closed in 1997. The entrance is still there, but boarded up.

Grant

20 hours ago, bill937ca said:

There's another ghost station at the Zoo on the Keisei Main Line.

Nice find. Reminds me of the New York Subway in the 1970s, especially at the beginning with the stainles steel 3600 series

Also at 4:20

"Hakubutsukandobutsuen" - that's one hell of a tongue twister!

• Like 1