Meeting Bill Robb in Toronto

cteno4

Well I just had a lovely day in Toronto with Bill Robb. after like 2 years of chatting with him online it was wonderful to finally meet him in person. we had a grand time wandering around Toronto to a great Japanese market, fantastic surplus electronics parts store (would kill for that in the DC area!) and a great japanese model shop. was a wonderful day, thanks again Bill!

strange how folks can get acquainted online these days and never meet in person. Probably a third of my clients i have never met in person! nice to put a human being in place of the characters on the screen!

cheers

jeff

Sounds like you 2 had a great time. I'm surprised to hear that Toronto has a Japanese model shop, we don't have one in NYC. How was the shop?

Hey, it was great to finally meet you Jeff.  I really enjoyed showing you around Toronto this afternoon! I was surprised at how many Japanese restaurants we saw today.  Have a good trip tomorrow.

Sounds like you 2 had a great time. I'm surprised to hear that Toronto has a Japanese model shop, we don't have one in NYC. How was the shop?

It's mainly Bandai Gundam. It's in the AMC Theatre building at Yonge and Dundas on the third floor.

http://iamotaku.wordpress.com/2008/06/26/store-spotlight-aura-model-shop/

Even that corner is beginning to look very Japanese with all the huge advertising signs.

dundas-square_rainy-night_wide_01.jpg

10.jpg

Not everyone is happy with that.

http://bowjamesbow.ca/2006/02/08/oh-dear-god.shtml

Looks like to me that all that is missing is a Japanese train station in the middle of all the signs!

Very clean area. In NYC one of the selling points when they were bidding for the 2012 Olympics was "it's the World's Neighborhood". That you can find different cultural areas throughout the city like China Town, Little Italy, Little India, Little Russia, etc. that athletes and visitors from around the world would feel at home. Except you would have to ask at least half the New Yorkers to leave the city for 3 weeks to accommodate the influx of the 1 million or so people that would want to visit the city during the games. (it would have been a nightmare)

Is there any chance the store would stock and sell Kato, Tomix or MircoAce models?