Train Suite Shiki-shima

JR 500系

It is also amazing how it is always fully booked... There is truly a market for these high end train travels....

Sacto1985

The prices on these new overnight "cruise trains" are very high indeed. But they're designed to cater to older Japanese near or past retirement age, and given Japan's population demographics, there's a LOT of retirees with a lot of money saved out out there.

When will we see the first model of this?

Tony shot a few photos of one hand made set during the last Kato ttrak meeting.

• Like 1
Davo Dentetsu

Tony shot a few photos of one hand made set during the last Kato ttrak meeting.

Wonder if that was the one that I shared on JNS FB page just the other day, was pretty good!

Patrick Rudin

Hello,

as I plan to visit Japan again this automn, I was looking at jreast.co.jp for finding out when the train is running. Of course for spotting it from outside only...

When I browse through the press releases of JR east (with google translate), I find these two releases:

http://www.jreast.co.jp/press/2016/20170206.pdf

(1st departure on Dec, 9th)

and

http://www.jreast.co.jp/press/2016/20160721.pdf

(last departure on Aug, 7th).

The question is: Does the train really not run in-between, or did I overlook the timetable for the coming two months?

Thank you and best greetings!

Patrick Rudin

Thank you. As the departure days of these luxury trains are usually announced far in advance when the booking process  starts, I assume that there is no departure between August and December. 

Edited by Patrick Rudin

Imho it might have happened that the train is fully booked by a travel agency for their own customers. (the same way whole hotels could be booked for private events) Perhaps someone actually knows where it is right now (stored at a siding or in service).