• JR Freight
    • JR Hokkaidō
    • JR Shikoku
    • JR Kyūshū
    • JR West
    • JR East
    • JR Central
    • Private Lines (all)

Pick one then forward this poll to 99 of your friends or Godzilla will eat all your models trains. This is not a joke it will happened. It happened just the other day to three of the guys on the Yahoo group, and to one of the guys in the JRM group. Look at Jeff below. Before he failed to forward this poll, Jeff had a full head of hair.

l3.jpg

Image: JRM of DC

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn

JR West- good balance of old and new rolling stock. Most "railroady".  Have best modern designs (EMU and DMU) in my eyes (a matter of taste, of course).  And will probably have the most impressive modern station once the Osaka Station remodel is finished.

disturbman

For the moment it's allmost a perfect tie. As for myself I choose JR Shikoku. I allways like this island on the maps. Second for me will be JR Hokkaido. They have great train. I particularly love the North Rainbow Express.

Hard to pick--I went for JR East just because of my interest in Tōhoku. Lots of other companies have a nicer variety of trains, but I went with the area I'd like to visit. Which means JR Hokkaido would be a close second.

marknewton

JNR is my pick - I'm nostalgic.

And no, I didn't forward the poll. I don't have 99 friends!  :sad:

Cheers,

Mark.

JNR is my pick - I'm nostalgic.

And no, I didn't forward the poll. I don't have 99 friends!  :sad:

Cheers,

Mark.

HA HA, your hair is going to fall out  :laugh:

marknewton

Nah mate, just middle age and decreptitude catching  up with me!

Cheers,

Mark.

JR East for me - probably because I am intrigued by the volume of passenger traffic in and around Tokyo. No, I did not forward this poll to 99 friends as I do not have that many either, and I am not fearing for my hair as it has begun to thin out already :grin .

Two videos showing the various rolling stock of JR Shikoku. Some shots are crapy. Others are great. Just beware of the music. Might be best to take it off. One is crapy electro and the other to. Or maybe one is crapy electro and the other one is crapy 8-Bit Music. But what the hell, who cares?  :grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUibo0v-pKo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88KrceHBqbY&NR=1

Mudkip Orange

Just beware of the music.

I JUST DROPPED TWO BOMBS AND TWO SHEETS AND NOW ALL THE LIGHTS ARE OUT AND I AM HAVING A TRAIN RAVE, OMG OMG OMG

Just beware of the music.

I JUST DROPPED TWO BOMBS AND TWO SHEETS AND NOW ALL THE LIGHTS ARE OUT AND I AM HAVING A TRAIN RAVE, OMG OMG OMG

Pft that's just traveling music. I always have to crank up that Happy Hardcore remix of The City of New Orleans and the Eurodance version of Casey Jones too. ^_^ Now that's RR music. (And that's not cocaine Casey Jones is hopped up on in the techno version!)

Nah mate, just middle age and decreptitude catching  up with me!

Cheers,

Mark.

I share the sentiment. That aside, I'm reviving yet another poll for the sake of new members.

JR East. I barely have any experience with other groups and my interest lies more with small private companies, though the transport system of JR East in Tokyo is awesome! However, they certanly do lack in coverage in Touhoku, in both frequency and connecting services.

JR West was a close call, because of their wide variety in rolling stock. However, they treat their staff very badly and have a somewhat shabby image (maybe it's just the Kansai feeling, I don't know). This made me choose for JR East in the end.

It is interesting to note on my first trip to shoot trains in Japan, I shot no private lines. The second trip to Kanto I got about 40/60 JR, and on this trip next week to Osaka, it's going to be 20/80 Private lines.

There's much of interest on all of the JR groups, but for me the private lines are just that little bit more interesting. Nice to see others share that interest.

Cheers,

Mark.

CaptOblivious

There's much of interest on all of the JR groups, but for me the private lines are just that little bit more interesting. Nice to see others share that interest.

Cheers,

Mark.

Well, we were only allowed one vote…I find the express trains of the Joban Line just too fascinating. But I've become a big fan of Keisei, if only because my very first train ride in Japan was from Narita Airport on what in retrospect must have been a 3200-series (I had no idea what was what back then, so I didn't take notes or photos).

I'd vote on this if there was an 'all of the above' option. All the JR groups and private lines and the old JNR are so distinctive it's hard to pick one above the others as they all have something of interest as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't been to Japan as of yet (I feel like I am repeating that :P ) but I voted for JR East due to the research I have done and the towns that the trains run alone are basically the same as the Model Trains I have now got at home. I always admire the E2 Hayate and the E3 Komachi running along, and then getting to learn and understand the rail map of the Tokyo rail system (so much fun) and I think even with the March Earthquake and Tsunami it just got me liking it even more to vote for the JR Rail provider.

I had to think about it a bit. I ended up going for JR East,  the parent of the lines I model and the home of the E231. But I almost went for JR Freight. Seems like nobody's giving JRF any love as it's received 0 votes so far.