• Kato
    • Peco
    • Marklin
    • Bachman
    • Tomix
    • Atlas
    • Fleischmann
    • Minitrix
    • I hand lay my own track, none of that prefab junk for me.

Being an avid Kato Unitrack fanboy I'm curious what brand of track you use. I don't know all of the brands out there so I posted the one's I'm familiar with.

I'm using Fleischmann's and Minitrix's tracks for the moment but I'm thinking about going into Tomix's Finetrack for temporary floor layout.

Martijn Meerts

Hmm.. I've used Arnold, Atlas, Minitrix and Fleischmann on my father's layout. I've got Marklin C-track for my H0 stuff and Marklin track for my Z-scale. I hand lay my 0 scale track, and for my N-scale I'm planning a combination of Tomix and (probably) Peco =)

I use flex track, Peco and Atlas code 80 with Kato Unitrack for Bridges. For my Tram line I used Micro Engineering's code 55. All three flex tracks are very different and all have their pros and cons. One suggestion I'll make if you use code 55, have plenty of bandaides on hand, getting those rail joiners on is a .....(bad word :lipssealed:)

**I didn't add Micro Engineering because I think it would be expensive to export to Europe.

Martijn Meerts

I use flex track, Peco and Atlas code 80 with Kato Unitrack for Bridges. For my Tram line I used Micro Engineering's code 55. All three flex tracks are very different and all have their pros and cons. One suggestion I'll make if you use code 55, have plenty of bandaides on hand, getting those rail joiners on is a .....(bad word :lipssealed:)

How is the tiespacing of Unitrack compared to the Peco flextrack? Close enough not to be noticed? ;)

alpineaustralia

Pretty easy. I bought a length of Atlas flex track about 1 metre (3.33 feet) long the other day for about $3.

Kato Unitrack :icon_thumright:. You cannot go wrong with that track as it is very robust and it is ideal for ham-fisted idiots like me! :cheesy.