Japanese built diesel engine BFA-32M in Bolivia

wintimtim

First of all, if this is the wrong forum to ask this questions please feel free to move it, thank you.

I am curious if this Japanese built diesel locomotive was in service in Japan as well or only built for export. The model I am interested in is this Hitachi - Mitsubishi built BFA-32M which is in use in Bolivia on the FCA Empresa Ferroviaria Andina S.A. Who can give me some information about this type of locomotive ? Is there maybe even a technical drawing with dimensional data available from somewhere ? I am going to build this model with the help of a Kato DF50 and a Kato EF81 body shell. Any information you have about this locomotive is appreciated, thank you, Tim

post-3383-0-23309700-1440593143_thumb.jpg

post-3383-0-88633900-1440593154_thumb.jpg

post-3383-0-17734400-1440593161_thumb.jpg

post-3383-0-11344800-1440593174_thumb.jpg

post-3383-0-03424800-1440593209_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hello,

I have investigated.  I can't find any reference.  I think DF50 is similar, but needs a lot of work to become a BFA.

Good luck with your project.

• Like 1
Claude_Dreyfus

attachicon.gifBFA-32Mc.jpg

Off topic, but I believe this locomotive - or at least a member of the same class - 'starred' in the BBC's Great Railway Journeys of the World - Peru/Bolivia, from the early 80s. It had derailed not far from La Paz, blocking the progress of the protagonist travelling in a rather rickety railcar.

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus
  • Like 1

First of all, if this is the wrong forum to ask this questions please feel free to move it, thank you.

I am curious if this Japanese built diesel locomotive was in service in Japan as well or only built for export. The model I am interested in is this Hitachi - Mitsubishi built BFA-32M which is in use in Bolivia on the FCA Empresa Ferroviaria Andina S.A. Who can give me some information about this type of locomotive ? Is there maybe even a technical drawing with dimensional data available from somewhere ? I am going to build this model with the help of a Kato DF50 and a Kato EF81 body shell. Any information you have about this locomotive is appreciated, thank you, Tim

attachicon.gifBFA-32Ma.jpg

attachicon.gifBFA-32Mb.jpg

attachicon.gifBFA-32Mc.jpg

attachicon.gifBFA-32Md.jpg

attachicon.gifBFA-32Me.jpg

Definitively a built-to-order, export beast.

Cheers NB

• Like 1