JR Kyushu Sweet Train

I don't understand what this means:  " The new train was constructed after remodeling one used on local lines for more than 30 years."

I don't understand what this means:  " The new train was constructed after remodeling one used on local lines for more than 30 years."

They took a Kiha 40 or 47 and rebuilt it.

edit//  47s after looking at the videos, only cabs at one end of each car.

Edited by katoftw

Watch for a lot of new Joyful Train excursion trains built from KiHa 40/47's and (in JR East territory) KiHa 110's over the next several years, in my opinion. With JR East planning to buy hybrid DMU's to replace many KiHa 110's over the next several years, many KiHa 110's normally headed for sales overseas or to the scrapyard could be turned into excursion trainsets, especially since they can run almost anywhere on the JR East system (and possibly on approved third-sector lines).

Ran over budget and cost 600 million yen.  I wonder what regular services JR Kyushu will have to 'rationalise' to pay for it.

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn

Ran over budget and cost 600 million yen.  I wonder what regular services JR Kyushu will have to 'rationalise' to pay for it.

When they are charging 20000yen a person to ride for a couple of hours I'm sure no lines will be threatened.

bikkuri bahn

Furnishings were expensive. Kyushu people tend to love luxury and showy things.

Edited by bikkuri bahn