Plarail

Guest keio6000

Takahama Trainwatcher
Posted (edited)

We've run a mega Plarail layout (whole day affair) around the house for my nephew. All the trains ran using NiMH batteries, though at various speeds as many trains were second hand. No issues in them running. Some trains used AA, some AAA and some even used C (we put AA into a C sized adaptor and that ran fine). Always 1 battery per locomotive. (No experience with the remote control unit.)

Edited by Takahama Trainwatcher
Kamome
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Also it’s one AA battery per train, not two, correct? It’s been a long time since I last played with plarail.

Some of the older chassis use a C or D battery. I’m sure a couple of my kids freight locos, EF66 and EH500 use a C sized battery. All other chassis use a single AA. Also some of the sound cars use 2xAAA iirc.

We generally used rechargeables as things tended to get left running when kids found something else to do. Also I “upgraded” our shinkansen with Tamiya Mini 4wd motors so they fly around the track but burn through batteries. The only other issue with that is the stop tracks no longer can stop the trains. 😂

Edited by Kamome
  • Haha 1
cteno4

Thanks great info. Hoping the kids there will enjoy the trains and can have fun setting up new layouts all the time.

jeff

• Like 1