The little people and solvent abuse

signalmanson

signalmanson

I've just received my first collection of N scale figures and I don't want to offend the little people by using the wrong adhesive to fix them in place !

Which have you found to be the most suitable  ?

Davo Dentetsu

I find an appropriate bit of blue tack (or similar) is good if you fancy shuffling them about now and again.  Or something similar to Tacky Wax maybe?

I use a very thick pva white glue usually called tacky glue (brand names like Arleen's tacky glue or generic craft store stuff that just says tacky glue). Nice in that it's pretty thick and sticky to begin with but dries clear and can be pulled off of stryene easily or solvated with a little soak of water.

There is the woodland scenics (and other brands as well) sceniics accent glue which is sort of like a mix of pva and rubber cement. It dries with some give to it but applies more like white glue. It's nice in that you can pull them up easily and even replace them with the bit of glue still on their feet (now sticks more like blue tack). The benefit of this stuff is it give a little if you bang into a figure, down side is sometimes folks can slowly lean with its of time. Also it's not so thick so sometimes you have to put someone in place, pull them off and blow on their feet and replace in the spot of glue when it's a bit tackier. I actually put down a bout 100 figure doing a festival scene on clear acetate bits we use to set up on the jrm layout. They lasted a good 6 years getting bashed about and plopped on and off the layout. Every show there would be a few drunks I would have to try to upright, re glue or remove! Redid these last year with tacky glue and none have started to lean, a few knocked off by accident but n stopping that...

Jeff

• Like 2
signalmanson

Thanks to everyone for your ideas.

All I need now is a magnifying glass and a steady hand !