JRM at DC Japan embassy open house May 2

cteno4

JRM has been invited back to the 2015 open house at the japan embassy again this year. It's part of the passport DC embassy open house day. The event is 10a-4p may 2. They have food,mart and technology displays. It's a very popular event with several thousand folks funneling thru in those 6 hours!

This year we are in our own room and hopefully it won't be quite as crowded for us as it was last year as we were near the entrance to the main hall and it created a traffic jam!

So come on by if you are in the area!

http://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/jicc/events/passport-dc-2015.html

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

Well it was a great event again. I unfortunately had to miss it due to a family emergency.

They reported 8000 people streaming thru in the 6 hr event! Being in the end room worked out very well as it let folks linger easily if they wanted and those that wanted to move on could do so easily. Also no competition with a survey raffle give away next to us to gum up the flow like last year.

Great to do stuff with the embassy!

Cheers,

Jeff

Ps some how thru one of these events my name got put on the invite list for Shinzo Abe's reception at the White House garden last Tuesday (should have gone to our club prez, but it was no substitutions and I found out protocol is not to try to get someone else in or substituted). I spent quite a while trying to make sure it was not a friend doing a very elaborate prank, but since the email came from behind fed firewalls they would have been risking many years in jail! Was very excited to go but could not due to the family emergency. Would have been fun to visit the whitehouse like that! Oh well. (Ain't no April fools list.)

• Like 1

Jeff I hope everything is alright.

Thanks things are stabilizing with elderly parents with declining health. Still hard decisions and finding the the best solutions,mbut something has to happen one day at a time.

Jeff

• Like 1

Who would ever play a prank on you, Jeff? :)

Rich K.

Why would say that?!

I really did thing for the first 15 minute it was a very elaborate hoax. Luckily a few friends end up at the White House for work and they verified the items I got sent and were great protocol gurus (me don't do stuff like that bu myself, only in tow with bigwig friends). Sad to miss it, but thems the breaks. Still not sure how I got invited!

Jeff