What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

...and the 3000 has arrived. It's a really nice set, but I've been too busy to get down to the basement and do a test run. Or to do any layout work, but it's so humid down there now that it's really unpleasant to work. Maybe this weekend....

Anyway, the only things I'm waiting for now are European--a Swiss RBe4/4 railcar (woohoo!) and, thanks to the efforts of Volker at ModellbahnShop-Lippe.com, two couplers for my DB ET30 EMU, which came from eBay in great shape except for the broken couplers.

As of now, I have deactivated all of my automated eBay searches except the one for Series 24 Nihonkai or Akebono sleeping cars. Otherwise, no more train buying--we've had lots of expenses lately, plus I'm having to pay in advance for parts of our January vacation. (Believe it or not, we're going to a country with no operating passenger train system--heresy! We're going to Costa Rica after many years of wanting to go, and we have to pay in advance for airfare and for our stay at a research station in the rain forest.)

Nah, I ordered my first Japanese SAL shipping, it's a bunch of B-Trains (they are so cheap I couldn't resist). I will see what happens. I hope my package will find me without too much trouble. :)

My Japanese JR700 Hikari Railstar Shinkansen has arrived to me safe and sound from domino :grin. I am looking forward to giving it a test run! :cheesy.

Just got me EH500 and M250, waiting for a lot of other stuff. The EH500 is proving to me that I need to go over my layout again. Lot of drop outs. Funny how the SD70M, AC44 and other units bridges the dropouts (Uneven point on the track) and runs fine where as the EH500 is say nope you need to fix that. 

As you can tell I'm new here running a few test that require JDM stuff anyway,

Cen,

Japan Plaza seemd to be pretty quick. I ordered in the July 31 and received the goods Aug 3. In California. They seem pretty much automated. It you like that then they are good for you. If you like interaction then Try Tokyo Rail.

I order from TokyoRail and got a lot of e-mail replys. It was good in that it was my first order and they seemed to watch what you order. I order the 8 car addon for the M250 and a DF200 that they had. The sent a notice to me saying  the couplers dont match, I knew that but it was good to know that someone was watching.

From what I can tell Japan Plaza is close the terminal and can get their stuff out quick and I liked that but a like the interaction from Tokyo Rail

more so.

Inobu

Inobu - Welcome to the forum! I never used Tokyo Rail, do you have their website?

Also if it isn't too much trouble, would you mind sharing photos of your layout? You can either post them

in personal projects and/or the gallery. I you are having electrical drop out problems with you layout,

some members might be able to help you just by looking at the photos. Again welcome aboard.

Thanks Bernard,

Tokyo Rail is http://tokyo-rail.com/ uses the PayPal method. My order is on its way out of customs. started 3 Aug and leaving San Fran 5 Aug. My other package spent 15 minutes in customs this one was 1 day. Still good timing should be here tomorrow.

My dropout are due to the quick means that I used to setup the layout (track not glued down) so I'm ok there.

I put a few pic in the gallery of what I have.

I pretty much setup Kato intermodal stuff. I ran the U.S. stuff and now want to see the JR equipment.

Thanks Bernard,

Tokyo Rail is http://tokyo-rail.com/ uses the PayPal method. My order is on its way out of customs. started 3 Aug and leaving San Fran 5 Aug. My other package spent 15 minutes in customs this one was 1 day. Still good timing should be here tomorrow.

My dropout are due to the quick means that I used to setup the layout (track not glued down) so I'm ok there.

I put a few pic in the gallery of what I have.

I pretty much setup Kato intermodal stuff. I ran the U.S. stuff and now want to see the JR equipment.

I just took a look in the gallery of your layout, that is an efficient way of storing your trains and having the controls roll out on tables. Nice design.

My E531 showed up today. I had to pay VAT (no problem) and a seriously outrageous 'fee' from parcelforce for getting customs clearance.

I didn't realise it had a pantograph on the top - anyone want to take a bet on how long it takes my 5 year old to accidentally break it ?

Cen.

I finally got a chance to try out the Odakyu 3000 that the Capt so kindly pointed out to me on eBay.

I couldn't get it to run, even though the lights were working. I puzzled over the underside switches, the car order, etc., and of course couldn't read the instructions.

Long story short--what the seller didn't mention was that this is the unpowered add-on set. :-( I've sent off a message, hoping to work this out.

My Kato Double Track Truss Bridges have arrived from Plaza-Japan along with my Bachmann Class 150 in First North Western livery and my NRM Edition Hornby Flying Scotsman in LNER livery :grin. So all my goods have arrived safe and sound :cheesy.

CaptOblivious

Got my E4 max today.

Now that I have seen the quality of the set, I'll search for the 4 cars extension soon.

And when you realize that the prototype is often run in 16-car consists, and that the Kato models can be coupled together…well, it just gets all too tempting ;) It really is a nice model, and I thoroughly enjoy my 8-car set :D

Martijn Meerts

Isn't it also often coupled with a different shinkansen? That could be interested to model as well actually.

CaptOblivious

I finally got a chance to try out the Odakyu 3000 that the Capt so kindly pointed out to me on eBay.

I couldn't get it to run, even though the lights were working. I puzzled over the underside switches, the car order, etc., and of course couldn't read the instructions.

Long story short--what the seller didn't mention was that this is the unpowered add-on set. :-( I've sent off a message, hoping to work this out.

I'm really sorry, by the way, about the bum lead! I hope this turns out well!

No problem at all--it's certainly not your fault! And I think it'll all work out OK.

And besides, the seller was wrong--the powered set is *not* six cars--the instruction sheet inside the box shows that both the powered and add-on sets are five cars.

Warranty returns is all I'm waiting on now.  :sad:  Of course (as CaptO reminds me on my blog  :grin , ) these are from the Europeans since our Japanese manufacturers apparantly haven't heard of the concept of a warrantly (oh wait, the car companies have) ....a Minitrix KoF II and Fleischmann BR 64. 

However, I'm debating whether or not to pull the trigger on a Sonic 883 I just came across (thinking that would look really cool next to my Relay Tsubame!).

I'm waiting for a confirmation email telling me that I can pay my last order. Very important since it's for my Project Party.

I'm also battling with myself. I'm very tempted to buy microace's Series 485 Limited Express AIDU Renewal... it has a so nice rabat. But for the moment I'm holding my position.

Kato JR Series 787 "Relay Tsubame" (7 cars) (putting away for Christmas)

Kato Hankyu Railway Series 6300 (4 cars)

Kato JR Series E531 Joban Commuter (2 car B set)

Kato Double Track Plate set + incline plates + double truss (will post picture and information about it when it comes)

Tomix Power Substation Model

12 LED light kits (I'll need more come Christmas and that 787)

Athearn Overland Passenger set (1890s 50' passenger cars)

...and a bottle of UniCleaner

Yes, I'm broke now. Don't show me any nice trains for sale for a few months.