What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

alan_frost

Hello Everyone,

After a lot of research for a good price, I finally got it.

The TOMIX JR 500 Serie EVA Type.

1189572601_20200519_205908(2).thumb.jpg.db57aa47112cb0eb98244289b71508f1.jpg36655144_20200518_091848(2).thumb.jpg.1a564ce1acb7eb90211d649b2a312ca2.jpg20200514_151715.thumb.jpg.b29c8d3692de972477e6b413c1d7c425.jpg

• Like 7
roadstar_na6
40 minutes ago, alan_frost said:

I didn't saw that one.

I found one new in Germany.

Was it a Tomix or a Rokuhan?

Tomix. I was debating bidding on it and selling it with a profit but the danger of then wanting to keep it was to high 😄

On 5/14/2020 at 8:49 AM, JR 500系 said:

Side question, was this KATO train really ran on the Saikyo line previously? Didn't see much videos on this.... 

Kato advertised the prototype ran on the Saikyo Line during November 2003. But can't find independent photos or videos.....

https://www.1999.co.jp/itbig08/10083420b.jpg

Edited by bill937ca

This order from MicroMark is Jeff's fault for posting a photo of the cute mini mitre box.  Where has this been all my life?!?!  And I really should have picked up the tube cutting pliers years ago anyway.

MicroMark19May2020.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

[maniacal laughter] Just call me the forum tool pusher! You know you want it! You know you need it! It will make you feel so good!

ive eyed those tubing cutting pliers as well! 

i have a micromark order in the making here, I’ve been circling a couple of tool upgrades and the usual few little bits I can always find there! 

jeff

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

[maniacal laughter] Just call me the forum tool pusher! You know you want it! You know you need it! It will make you feel so good!

It's completely true. If I look around my workroom there's a ton of stuff that was recommended by you. But so far nothing I regret!

• Like 1

I’m a bit scared to meet your wife in the future though... so you’re the guy pointing him to all those tools!

flash back to JR high when I broke my best friends nose while we were trying to do big time wrestling moves on each other. Never told my mom about it then some time later we happened to go to a service at the church his father was the minister and when we met him and his parents in the reception line after church his mom said to my mom, quite loudly, “oh you’re the mother of the boy who broke my son’s nose!“  my 90 year old mother can’t remember something from 2 minutes ago, but still remembers that clearly!

jeff

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
alan_frost
21 hours ago, roadstar_na6 said:

Tomix. I was debating bidding on it and selling it with a profit but the danger of then wanting to keep it was to high 😄

I think it was after i bought mine because i didn't saw it.

And I can assure youthat you would like to keep it 🤣

Edited by alan_frost
  • Like 1

Well, we'll file today's unboxing under Japanese N Scale — the primary causa emptionis, even though the bulk of the purchase falls under Worldwide Models & Other Hobbies!  Because packages within the US take so much longer to get here, I could safely handle the contents of this package today; whereas the package that also arrived from Amazon Japan still needs to wait a day for safe handling of the contents.

HobbyLinc (US) is not usually a good source for Japanese products because of the markup.  But these Tomix C243-15(F) curves have been discontinued and replaced with (PC) track.  All the usual suppliers I checked are sold out of the (F).  HobbyLinc still had them though, because who goes there to buy Tomix?
: 3

To fill out the order, they also had the rest of the DPM O scale parts needed to complete a model for WW2 skirmish gaming.  O scale buildings work well for gaming in 28mm, which is notionally 1/56 scale, but the metal figures are oversize and chunky and look like they can fit through O scale doorways.  The figures look better with S scale track, and old American Flyer flatcars and gondolas don't look too out of place on European sidings.  These parts will go into finishing the supporting towers for the 1926 Amalien Lift Bridge over the Küsten canal in Oldenburg.

HobbyLinc20May.jpeg

• Like 3
On 5/15/2020 at 7:49 PM, railsquid said:

Not quite sure why I have this, most likely was bidding on something else and added it because an additional item wouldn't incur any extra postage charges.

49894746867_674ec633e3_z.jpg

Tomix DF200 (DF200-1) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Nice big heavy loco anyway.

Since this loco is literally a brick in terms of weight (easily the heaviest N scale locomotive I have) I decided to see how much it could pull. I gave up after 40 TaKis since it would take forever to put them all away. Pulled without hesitation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
ranger10178
11 minutes ago, nah00 said:

Since this loco is literally a brick in terms of weight (easily the heaviest N scale locomotive I have) I decided to see how much it could pull. I gave up after 40 TaKis since it would take forever to put them all away. Pulled without hesitation. 

That's insane!

ranger10178
Just now, chadbag said:

I wish I had 40 TaKis to pull

Likewise haha! I don't have a single TaKi, but I'll probably be buying the Yokota base 12 wagon set at some point!

44 minutes ago, chadbag said:

I wish I had 40 TaKis to pull

Careful what you wish for. You start to run out of space and question some life decisions when you have enough model rolling stock to run an actual railroad. The only ones I'm looking for now is the Kato JOT ENEOS 8 car set so I can run a max length consist. 

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, nah00 said:

Careful what you wish for. You start to run out of space and question some life decisions when you have enough model rolling stock to run an actual railroad. The only ones I'm looking for now is the Kato JOT ENEOS 8 car set so I can run a max length consist. 

That's a problem I wish I had.  I have enough KoKi for a couple real length trains in Japan (not for any US length trains) but TaKi I probably don't have enough of any one or two types you'd find on one train together.  (type/period etc)

Non-scale, but we'll file this under N gauge acquisitions.  Amazon Japan order up from the basement and meets the approval of Tango Foxtrot, Sitting Inspector No.1.  The Popondetta JRF container will be used for storage and transport of buildings and cars, etc.  The Groove Garage Thunderbird 2 container will store and transport miniature gaming supplies which are currently in one of their JR containers, freeing that up for train use too.

AmazonJP21May2020.jpeg

• Like 6
ranger10178
4 minutes ago, Cat said:

Non-scale, but we'll file this under N gauge acquisitions.  Amazon Japan order up from the basement and meets the approval of Tango Foxtrot, Sitting Inspector No.1.  The Popondetta JRF container will be used for storage and transport of buildings and cars, etc.  The Groove Garage Thunderbird 2 container will store and transport miniature gaming supplies which are currently in one of their JR containers, freeing that up for train use too.

AmazonJP21May2020.jpeg

I love that! Pretty pricey though! I'm very tempted to try to make one outta Plywood etc, but at the same time, I know my woodworking 'skills' are non existent!

They are pricey, the shipping makes them worse, but we love them and have been using them for years for game storage and transport.  Roxanne keeps encouraging me to get more, and that doesn't help...

As well as being very pretty, I absolutely love the lock tab covers.  Over the years, we've acquired the Groove Garage red and blue JR ones, Girls und Panzer Ooarai, and Thunderbird 2. The Popondetta one is a bit smaller, but still a good size and the top is as nicely designed.  The little nylon satchel is cute and will be handy for train shows.

• Like 2

I have the exact same one. It's very heavy which makes it a very pricy shipment. But they are very standard otherwise; Japan is full of all of these boxes of the same size. Nice thing is they fit standard boxes and sleeves for N gauge trains, with a bit of a gap for foam. 

roadstar_na6

I‘m looking into buying the green Popondetta one soon, almost 5000¥ for shipping is quite a lot tho 😞

I’ve looked at those cases for a long time but never could stomach the cost of shipping being as much as the box itself. I was lucky years ago when the comtisner store had similar collapsible storage that holds a few more than these I got 4 for about $15 each. Sadly just after that I went to get more and they were totally gone. Tried tracking them down and they were no more. They have held up well over a decade of lugging to dozens of shows.

these are nice to transport 4 train boxes, but the price is up from 1200 yen like three years ago.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01N2W4DNZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jeff