What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

On 3/3/2020 at 8:46 AM, Sheffie said:

These little guys showed up, as did some more fencing and catenary poles. 144E9A8C-2CD5-4E79-AC91-A28AD9436FEB.thumb.jpeg.5127b3f0c00537a855dd3f06f688142c.jpeg

Sheffie, what are the inside dimensions of that longbed with the crane?
I'm thinking that one of those might be good for hauling a small boat if it fits inside.

1 hour ago, Morcs said:

On the ground floor, the one filled with suitcases and handbags? Never noticed anything else I'll have to double check next time I'm there! 

It’s only a small section. As you enter the  entrance from the main station concourse, it’s on the left in the front corner. There’s some display cases with some live steam models (got my eye on that D51 when I have a spare ¥750,000) Head to that front left corner and the railway stuff is there. 

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Sheffie, what are the inside dimensions of that longbed with the crane?
I'm thinking that one of those might be good for hauling a small boat if it fits inside.

35mm x 13mm should fit. Perhaps with 0.5 mm clearance  each way. It’s difficult to measure the height of the sides — my Vernier calipers got left in England — but it looks to be about 2.5mm

• Thanks 1

Squeee — the Tamaden just arrived!!!!
=^,^=
So this is rather out of region for Ibaraki Shorty, but like the pair of 11 Piki No Neko buses, will come around on a goodwill tour.  Also will come to visit Osamu, the Nakiminato Station's cat on the Minato Line.

In other what did we order news, there is a series of packages en route: several Hobby Search SAL packages winding their way that should begin arriving soon, a big HLJ one with two month's of private warehouse stocking up that just shipped, a big Zenmarket one just getting packed (eek, what was the total value of goods for that?!?  several weeks of YAJ bidding can add up....)

Tamaden.jpeg

• Like 8
On 3/6/2020 at 9:14 PM, Cat said:

Hmm, Yamato containers. ❤️

I wish somebody would make delivery trucks or vans in their livery.

Given that Tomix made the new version of the container and the old version I wouldn't be surprised to see a truck or trailer collection 2-pack sometime this year. 

• Like 1

IMG_20200309_153804.thumb.jpg.42baf55f82dcb0eb7a54f7f8d6dfc9db.jpgnext few bits for my layout.

Last bits of track for the micro layout, Lots of the cheap platforms, a few tomix buildings and an ed79 with a bunch of komu mini contaijer wagons (great for small radius)

• Like 7
Das Steinkopf

Since divesting myself of LEGO Trains I have been investing more into layout materials. I had a small order from AmiAmi for February but then decided to go berserk in ordering tracks, ironically all of the parts I had originally ordered for February have now been moved to March. I also decided to pick up EF210-105 for my JRF fleet since I already have the single armed pantograph version of the EF210-100 I thought it would add a little bit of variety with the old school PS22C panto. The U51A-39500 containers were supposed to be released later in the year but got moved forward, luckily I decided to get all the other stuff as this and the cattle would be the only things in the order.

47C077FA-ED36-42BA-BBF4-69EE85FB1843.jpeg

10B6B287-FB6D-4181-92C2-BF472EE98005.jpeg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 8
Das Steinkopf

With my track purchasing rampage in full swing I decided to check out what I could get from MTP that I couldn’t get from AmiAmi, Nariichi was a great help as usual as he was able to order in some of the Kato Hobby Centre exclusive concrete sleepered track which no one else carries.

EEACB42C-DC9B-420D-968A-A4200DE44554.jpeg

• Like 11

FedEx just delivered two full months' worth of stockpiling in the HLJ Private Warehouse. 

The jigsaw puzzle for Hitachi Seaside Park added a lot of weight.  Really impressed with how well they packed the box tightly; not sure I could put everything back in now.

I only ordered 1 each of the Pizza Bikes and Vending Machines to check them out.  Love them — ordering more now.  The bikes are so cool that Pizza-La will get two locations on the layout, Mito and Katsuta.  And so, the stockpiling begins again....

***EDIT****
But wait, there's more!  USPS just delivered Hobby Search too, with some track, other vending machines, and the Fishing Boat which was the one item from the February sale which was useful for us:

HLJCarton12March2020.thumb.jpeg.0ed1802e8e5ff096a1284460a3890b7d.jpeg

VendingPizzaBikes.jpeg

1999Carton12March2020.jpeg

Edited by Cat
  • Like 12
deathletter

My latest purchase from fellow member nah00! I now have 18 cars. Almost enough for a train:

1375951883_Katocontainercars.thumb.jpg.d779e820e9a79579f01ad12ac4d0d5c9.jpg

• Like 9

After around a year of not buying anything related to N-Scale, the first new set has arrived! I managed to find these Microace A-6672 and A-6673 Tobu 9000-Series Renewal and add-on sets from a seller in Thailand, and after some price haggling and 10 days of waiting for shipping, the set has finally arrived!

I do find it interesting how different the color of the stripe is compared to the non-renewed (2nd photo, on the right) 9000-Series set is, as well.

20200314_115426_compress90.jpg

20200314_120327_compress7.jpg

20200314_120416_compress34.jpg

• Like 8
On 3/13/2020 at 12:52 AM, Cat said:

VendingPizzaBikes.jpeg

Hey I like this! It's kinda cute and we often see ALOT of these zooming around cities making deliveries! Too bad it isn't painted though.... 

• Like 3

Plazajapan had 2 Iida line 2 car sets at -10% discount - i just could not resist and ordered Kato 10-1315 and Kato 10-1316.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Hey I like this! It's kinda cute and we often see ALOT of these zooming around cities making deliveries! Too bad it isn't painted though.... 

Fortunately, I am very near-sighted and hand-painting tiny figures is a very relaxing hobby for me.  These little Pizza Bikes will paint up quickly; the Pizza-La logo is quite simple and will stand out at this size too.

• Like 2

Good your nearsighted then it will help to make the pizza box! These work better ink jetted than laserprinted as the toner gets a little brittle down tiny.

pjeff

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Good your nearsighted then it will help to make the pizza box! These work better ink jetted than laserprinted as the toner gets a little brittle down tiny.

Cute!  Personally, I would cut a strip of styrene in the right scale width and height, and then just letter with a red .005 Micron Art pen and spray with Dullcote.

Das Steinkopf

My latest acquisition sadly doesn’t include any containers or rolling stock, it does however contain some very useful parts for layout detailing, especially near the station,  surrounding roads and along the embankment that I will be making for the station to be mounted on.

E59985EF-ED32-4185-8A8A-5074E3CCCECD.jpeg

• Like 9

Big haul from ZenMarket just came in.  I'm highly impressed with their re-packaging.  The cost for the re-packaging is built into their other fees, not a separate charge like Buyee.  I'm doing another Buyee pile now (this time without any Amazon ridiculously over-sized shipping boxes) for a better comparison.  I'll put my details in the Proxy Buying thread several weeks from now when I get that package in and can tally up  and compare the total costs.

For this haul, a number of the items are from Hobby Island.  Seaching YAJ through the ZenMarket, they often suggest some specific items from Hobby Island; although trying to search Hobby Island directly was pretty futile because they have such a clumsy interface.  The back issue of Kilo Post was cheap from them; with the Takis on the cover, I was hoping there might be some photos inside of a Taki facility, but alas no.

We're only running Shorties on the layout, but the full size Koki was the cheapest way to get those kontainers!  The Yamato one is too long to put on a Shorty Taki, so I'll either have to cut it down or just have it truck-borne.

ZenMarketHaul17March2020.jpeg

Edited by Cat
  • Like 9
roadstar_na6

May I ask how much you paid for the Power Units? I only see them for like $60 and up on YAJ and think that‘s pretty much 😄

I prefer ZenMarket over Buyee simply because they only charge you ¥300 and nothing else and if you find stuff through ZenPlus you don‘t even pay those and get a little cash-back as well 😄

6 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

May I ask how much you paid for the Power Units? I only see them for like $60 and up on YAJ and think that‘s pretty much 😄

I prefer ZenMarket over Buyee simply because they only charge you ¥300 and nothing else and if you find stuff through ZenPlus you don‘t even pay those and get a little cash-back as well 😄

I was patient and let a lot of auctions go by at 6000¥+.  I got these Power Units for between 4300¥–5300¥ each.

At this point I suspect ZenMarket will come out a little better, but stay tuned.  ZenMarket also charges 3.5% for all money transferred to their account, including for their fees, plus domestic and international shipping.  On the plus side, they do ask for combined shipping from YAJ if you can manage to buy from the same seller within a 24-hour window 5am–5am.  It's also very nice that they will hold goods for up to two months without charge.  However, needing to carefully manage the fund transfers before bidding is quite a PITA.

I've only been using Buyee when they've had promos running that wave the YAJ fee, so it's only 200¥ per purchase with that promo.

roadstar_na6

They actually store it for 45 days for free and once you got a bit of stuff with them they give you a credit so you don‘t have to get funds in advance. My limit is currently at ¥20.000 with is both a blessing but also quite a problem as you start spending way more than you might want to 😄

• Haha 2

Yes, the credit system on ZenMarket is quite nice! It depends on the number of packages you send, not the total amount of goods you buy (as far as I remember.) So if you want to get a lot of credit fast, maybe you could just buy like 10 buses or small items and send them individually, then you'd be up to 40,000 Yen of credit, even if the goods only totaled a fraction of that price. Honestly, it sounds like a bit of a poor way to gauge the amount of credit someone gets, but hey, I guess it's working for them.

Ah, right.  I hadn't focused on their number of parcels = credit info, but thanks for the reminder.  My goal was to send a good sized package to compare with what I had from Buyee during their January promo period, and now also doing an equivalent batch from Buyee with their March promo, but without any big Amazon packages in the mix. 

The sacrifices we make in the name of science.
: 3

I'm about to call an end to this Buyee bidding spree, and everything should be ready to ship by the end of the month.  A few small building kits, some more cars for the Shorty Cassiopeia, and lots of street vehicles.  Our stuffed animals found out about all the cute animal logos on transport company trucks; so due to popular demand, I'm afraid we will have quite a menagerie on our roads.