What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Ordered:

- Kato’s DX platform lighting kit. It says ten lights, enough for five “homes” which is I believe a translation of “platform”. I have six... not sure that I want to pay another 3000 yen though. 

- Another pair of Kato Koki 104s in the newer, deeper blue. 

Das Steinkopf

My last AmiAmi order for 2019 arrived today with items that had moved back and forth in time with their release schedule, I also had some lucky finds as well with the office and supermarket. Finally I get to add some more KoKi’s to my fleet as well as a swag of containers, the Keihan 800 Series in the new livery looks gorgeous and gives me some more incentive to do so serious layout work.

946D152D-6078-46B3-AC1B-DE0FD3867DEC.jpeg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 11

Some more buildings for my construction site, a little Land Rover, and the Maple Red Kirara. I may have to get the orange one too. 

EmJAB28.jpg

• Like 9

A Kato DD13, early style:

640px-kato-dd13-dd13-80_7012-1_01.jpg

If I can rustle up the motivation, I will try and find the plates for one of DD13-81/82/83, all of which were allocated to Hachioji.Depot. See e.g. this picture:

http://tnk-ko.a.la9.jp/gallery1/DD13/DD13-81_EF13-4_EF13-13_EF15-13_19740914Ekn_s1024_I16_HachioujiKu.jpg

(source page:  http://tnk-ko.a.la9.jp/gallery1/dd13_index.html)

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 7
8 minutes ago, ia909 said:

Thank you Kato!

After collecting 85 Koki 100-series and over 600 containers, finally a start can be made on a decent diorama!

Nice. Are you going to get the car transporter set?

On 1/7/2020 at 7:40 AM, Das Steinkopf said:

My last AmiAmi order for 2019 arrived today with items that had moved back and forth in time with their release schedule, I also had some lucky finds as well with the office and supermarket. Finally I get to add some more KoKi’s to my fleet as well as a swag of containers, the Keihan 800 Series in the new livery looks gorgeous and gives me some more incentive to do so serious layout work.

Do the Tomix NRS ISO containers have any problem fitting on Kato KoKis? I have the JOT ones and they don't have any trouble but they just have the braces on the bottom corner instead of the sill along the bottom of the container. 

Delivered: one Kato DX platform lighting kit and one more pair of Koki 104’s. No photo, because I am sick and going back to bed 

• Like 3

We've been on a bit of a shopping spree this month hunting out specific items we want for the upcoming T-Trak/B-Shorty layout.  The three Cassiopeia sets for a big 9 unit train arrived today via Rakuten and Toyland Clover.  When I was browsing Rakuten for B-Train Shorty, it seemed liked there ought to be more items popping up in the search than I was seeing.  Reading the description of one of the items gave me the linguistic clue I needed.  After changing my search to 'B-Train show tea', many more items appeared!
: 3

CassiopeiaBoxes.JPG

• Like 6

Kato EF200 new paint scheme,, ,I dropped my EF81  on the floor while working on it,,, The out come wasn't good at all,, So new locomotive for the container train,, 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 11:42 PM, cteno4 said:

Ouch! That’s a big bummer! Sorry bout that, but nice new loco!

jeff

i still haven't found all the bits,, probably  never will,,  It was my fault Thanks Jeff

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

i still haven't found all the bits,, probably  never will,,  It was my fault Thanks Jeff

Good trick is to wait until dark and then turn off the lights and look at floor level with a flashlight. Even small parts will cast a long shadow, this can even work on carpet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Jimbo those things happen, I think most all of us have dropped a loco and had bits fly. One of our club members had one of those large storage boxes get knocked off a table at a show and like 5 train sets in it went flying. Many cars lost parts and it took some time to gather all the bits necessary to repair them from the floor and from shops in japan.

glad you have a new loco to play with. Might be able to sell off the mech if still working if someone needs it for parts.

jeff

On 1/12/2020 at 7:13 PM, gavino200 said:

Nice. Are you going to get the car transporter set?

Just containers. The more the better! (I'm not actually sure whether the car transporter set would fit my modelling era of roughly 2010 - onwards).

One big disappointment is that each plate has a very clear circle where the moulding has been cut off (there's probably a technical term for that) - hopefully attached photo will show what I mean. I guess I can put a vehicle or container over, or maybe even a tall yard lamp. But I'm sure Kato could have avoided it.

IMG_1505.JPG

Edited by ia909
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

That's unfortunate, kato really should have been more careful in production.  You could always cover the plastic with a bit of paint to hide the molding mark.