What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I guess the right priority if you can’t get to work no paycheck. No paycheck no trains. No trains no joy. Train transitive express.

Fix or repair daily? My best friend growing up owned the local garage and the mechanics had these sorts of anachronisms for every brand.

jeff

13 hours ago, cteno4 said:

I guess the right priority if you can’t get to work no paycheck. No paycheck no trains. No trains no joy. Train transitive express.

Fix or repair daily? My best friend growing up owned the local garage and the mechanics had these sorts of anachronisms for every brand.

jeff

Not so much "Fix or repair daily" as it is "another issue? I just fixed one yesterday!"

My turn signals have started blowing fuses and I'm rather annoyed. I am electrically challenged and cannot fix it. I'll just toss it in with the other problems and go both a repair shop this weekend.

Edited by GDorsett

Found On Roadside Dead, I speak from experience on this one and swear to never buy a Ford again. My SX4 is older then my Ford was and never had an issue other then wear and tear parts. Trust me I feel your pain. 

Some stuff. Old RM models and TAKI 25000 (besides the other stuff in the pic) Not pictured, a couple blue TAKI 1000 from Kato, a Kato Btrain motor Unit to scratch a Hitachi 35t switcher, Greenmax footbridge and a couple roof from Kobaru.

I'm Not building from a couple of months now due to another work, but keep buying stuff 🙂

Martin

share_temporary.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, nah00 said:

I like the Macross Delta designs so much but I wish the show was better...

Same here. I didn't even managed to finish watching it 😞 I'm More on the classic side, but valks are valks 😉

Ordered a Kunter 10-301 Hexie CRH380AL 3 car basic set from Hong Kong. I'll be waiting for the release of the rest of the add on cars! 

• Like 4

Wow I have been missing out so much on all you guys' wonderful purchases! Seems like most of us got the Pokémon train! (me too!) 

Squid, you need to stop posting those bargain pictures cause they are making me very jealous...  🙄 Those purchases are great! I too want 2 of those 209-2100 to bring up my basic set to at least 6 cars... 4 is just too little and 10 way too much... Why cant the basic be 6 and the add-on 4 in this case... 

Despite my long silence, the parcels have been coming in... Work is tearing me up due to the F1 races but oh well... time to get a few updates in before I hit the tracks again tonight... 

First up, a small one from HS... More Casco inserts for 10 and 12 cars consists... 

20190826_172612.thumb.jpg.4b8cf928307e13691520996b66b2097a.jpg

Just LOVE the cute little Soffee ice-cream van! Gonna make a nice little ice-cream truck on my fair! The double decker is a nice pickup as I really wanted a double decker in N scale, being a bus lover and all...

20190826_172622.thumb.jpg.4c40a9928e4a4ea7d2b0418d7ba9b213.jpg

Next is a small parcel from Ami, mainly the 1st car museum sets for my office desk display, and more buses of course!

20190819_182646.thumb.jpg.8c4e8f506bd80f7e7e54514c8ac1e312.jpg

Another one from Ami, with the 2000 series Nanpu, even more buses on bargains and the lovely truck set~ 

20190826_172244.thumb.jpg.23acdfc9ab101ae003b834e96259ec68.jpg

Gonna post the Pokémon train this weekend once I get a chance to finally sit down and play some trains!  🙂

• Like 8
9 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Squid, you need to stop posting those bargain pictures cause they are making me very jealous...  🙄 Those purchases are great! I too want 2 of those 209-2100 to bring up my basic set to at least 6 cars... 4 is just too little and 10 way too much... Why cant the basic be 6 and the add-on 4 in this case...

It's a cunning ploy by the manufacturers to get the people who want something more than a diddly 4-car set buy the whole damn thing, I'm pretty sure there's been a shift from 6 car basic set/4 car add on in the last couple of years.

I think that six cars may just be too many for some customers. Remember, most starter sets are a four car EMU or loco with three coaches.

Off topic - you’re working in F1? Sounds interesting! I’ve been a fan of the sport for many years. Eh, okay, decades. 

50 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

I think that six cars may just be too many for some customers. Remember, most starter sets are a four car EMU or loco with three coaches.

Oddly enough, if you search hard enough on this site, you can find me-of-about-five-years ago complaining about things mainly being available in 6-car booksets... I have, in the intervening years, worked out that 6 cars is about long enough visually to give the impression of a "long" commuter train without going to the hassle of managing 10 or 11 or 15 car sets even if I had the space. I suspect because in N scale that's about long enough for (at normal viewing distances) the train to be too long to be taken in at a glance.

Still, mustn't grumble, at least I have the luxury of scouring the junk bins of Akihabara et al to bulk up my collection of 4-car sets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, railsquid said:

6 cars is about long enough visually to give the impression of a "long" commuter train without going to the hassle of managing 10 or 11 or 15 car sets

Sage wisdom there. 4 just isn't enough.

22 hours ago, valkyriepm said:

Same here. I didn't even managed to finish watching it 😞 I'm More on the classic side, but valks are valks 😉

I am one of the suckers that thought it might be good and pre-ordered the Japanese Blu-Rays.......boy was I disappointed.   They need to go back to a good story like the original or Macross Plus and less focus on the idol part of the show.

21 hours ago, EdF said:

I wish battleroid mode models were more readily available in 1/144.

I have a few of the Tomytec Gimix line, which are excellent but sadly I think they discontinued the entire Gimix line.   Hopefully the line will return, they never did release the VF1D 😞

large.gallery_483_193_1505797.jpg.f3bab008cb2656f0f16db47a7cd9e36d.jpg

23 hours ago, nah00 said:

I like the Macross Delta designs so much but I wish the show was better...

Agreed, awesome Valkyrie design, but nothing beats the VF1 🙂

• Like 2
On 8/30/2019 at 1:22 PM, railsquid said:

It's a cunning ploy by the manufacturers to get the people who want something more than a diddly 4-car set buy the whole damn thing, I'm pretty sure there's been a shift from 6 car basic set/4 car add on in the last couple of years.

Not only that, but has anyone noticed which cars Kato put in the four car basic sets? You nearly always get one MoHa and a SaHa, so you need the first add on to make a train which could actually run in real life.

• Like 1
On 8/30/2019 at 2:11 PM, JR 500系 said:

Seems like most of us got the Pokémon train! (me too!)

My Pokémon train was posted by Nariichi san on 8th of August, it arrived to Budapest on 13th of August, now it is September and it still sits on Customs. I would like to catch not all of them but at least this one, but no luck... 😥

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Katoftw,

Today, Tues.3rd, Sept, received from Hobby Search via SAl Amagai Modelling station kit No.23, posted in Tokyo 23rd. Aug., total time, eleven days, pretty close to my estimate.

Regards, 

Bill, 

Melboune

Edited by ben_issacs
First draft unintentionally posted.

Blue stuff day!

B2DFAD0A-DD19-4955-8FA5-2AB6B2B1AEE0.thumb.jpeg.72d47b03e4031c14643908e4caf0693d.jpeg

- Blue Coal Depot kit (not pictured)

- Blue Symphony (with free postcards!)

- Koki 104’s, hopefully the correct shade of blue this time. Certainly it seems richer and less sky-blue than the other Kato 104’s I have 

• Like 6

A Casco Shonan livery 12 slot case is now on the way. Sorting my express EMUs out so most of the 165s are becoming a 12 car Express Alps, with a shorter seven car unit using the remaining stock (and a KuHa 455 which is doing its best KuMoHa 165 impressions, as I lack another one of those).

• Like 1

katoftw,

I suspect that parcels from Japan go through Singapore, then to Perth, then to the appropriate Australian cities.

As Sydney is a bit further from Perth than Melbourne is (not by much, I admit), that might be an answer.

Regards, 

Bill, 

Melbourne .