What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Drunkenclam

I brought 2x 3 car add ons for my Yamanote line trains. I can't fit more than 8 cars in the station. But knew I'd regret not getting the full 11 cars set up. Just in case. 

• Like 1

Much like me with the longer trains. I am working up to an elevated station which can handle eleven car units and eventually the 12 coach plus loco Cassiopeia. Which will also allow things like the 13 car 165 Series I found a diagram for on Wikipedia (and already have the vehicles for)... At the moment a ten car unit of 20m stock will fit in the tabletop loops.

Haha thanks guys for the advice! Guess i'm back to search for an affordable 6car add-on for my Chuo 209-1000... Chuo line always seems to appeal lots to me and i credit that to the fact that i drove so much on densha de go final that i memorised all the stations of the Chuo line up till Takao (since DDG only brings u up to Takao).... 

I hope they do the Chuo line for the current DDG soon... that would be so fun! 

• Like 1
On 8/2/2019 at 11:39 AM, miyakoji said:

Any other souvenirs?  I imagine they have a lot available.

There were lots available but we got to the museum shop right before closing time and had train to catch and the shop was jam packed and hard to get around.  I found the model train section, got the museum car, looked for containers, and found only expensive Tomix (and some KATO) regular sets so left.

• Like 1

Interesting lighting units. I like the metal tape wrapping around the plastic chassis on trailing cars to bring power inside w.o drilling holes! Wish Bandai had not stopped production of their power pickup bogies as they were not much more Than regular Tomytec bogies.

jeff

7 hours ago, EH500 (12) said:

You guys will never guess what I just ordered! 

I can only guess your name will be changing to EH500 (13)  ;)

18 minutes ago, keiichi77 said:

I can only guess your name will be changing to EH500 (13)  😉

Unlucky for some. My money’s on 14

Yes it’s 

15 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

don’t you still need to drill holes for the front and closing lights?

Yes, but simple.

I was just commenting it was a simple and low tool way to bring the electrical pickup to the interior. Elegant and could use springs to pickup off the  tape on the inside. Simple retrofit for chassis that did not have any provisions for electrical connection designed in. 

Truck pickups do require drilling holes thru the truck frame for the pickup strip. Not sure how they connect the pickup metal tape to the interior and head/tail lights as their site seems to have stopped serving pages here this evening... they have pdf install sheets but not super detailed on how it all fits together on the one I looked at but maybe others have more on that.

jeff

Das Steinkopf
8 hours ago, EH500 (12) said:

You guys will never guess what I just ordered! 

The only thing we will have to guess is whether its a Batch 3 or the early Batch 1 or 2 liveries.

Finally the site started loading again! Looks like they use strips of the metal tape up the side walls to supply the interior lighting and the head/tail lights and just pressure fit against the wraparound tape on the chassis floor that picks up from the trucks. Simple and allows to fit in the various interiors w,o custom for each for the wiring strips.

jeff

Wow!!

Thanks for the information @railsquid. I really want to pick up these sets for the Chikuho-dentetsu 2000 series.

This is very encouraging. It’ll be nice if they introduced some light units for the HO -Narrow sets eventually too.

10 hours ago, keiichi77 said:

I can only guess your name will be changing to EH500 (13)  😉

It actually changed to 12 :toothy10:

10 hours ago, Sheffie said:

Unlucky for some. My money’s on 14

My LHS has the "new" 3rd batch Kato EH500 in stock but so far I was able to resist...

10 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

The only thing we will have to guess is whether its a Batch 3 or the early Batch 1 or 2 liveries.

Tomix new batch 2 livery! :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, EH500 (12) said:

eh5001.thumb.jpg.646cbdf160c35d6508fa238215dbc8a4.jpg

eh5002.thumb.jpg.99a36674e1d58e52187df9ff24157337.jpg

All the EH500s and 800s.

I feel inadequate, I don't even own one EH500, but it is on my want list, which do you prefer the Kato or the Tomix?   

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, keiichi77 said:

I feel inadequate, I don't even own one EH500, but it is on my want list, which do you prefer the Kato or the Tomix?   

I went with the Kato EH500 and hope to have a video up in a couple weeks of converting it to DCC.

2 hours ago, keiichi77 said:

Inquiring minds want to know. How many of each do you have, and what do you think of them - detail level, quality of running, variability of quality even (since you own so many)?

2 hours ago, keiichi77 said:

If you do not care about the batch differences I would recommend either the early ( 3037-1 ) or late (3037-2 ) 3rd batch from Kato. In my opinion these have the best detail/running characteristics and they are easily obtainable.

36 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Inquiring minds want to know. How many of each do you have, and what do you think of them - detail level, quality of running, variability of quality even (since you own so many)?

I can give you an answer to that but due to me being busy with work and other stuff today and tomorrow I wont be able to do that before saturday.

• Like 2

Another bunch of parts for future projects... I really only wanted the 101 series cab dividing walls, as stocks seem to be running low and past experience has shown it's better to grab these kinds of things while they're still available...

ginga-model-parts.thumb.jpg.65ecf3ce2832283e84e0a8fad021426b.jpg

• Like 1