What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

@cteno4 in my recent trips to Japan I have seen very many on sale. Especially the larger Popondetta and TamTam in Akihabara have many of them in stock.

Yes, that's the one.  They're solid construction, stack well, and waterproof for transporting things through the rain to car and back for conventions.  Our basement can use all the organisational help we can fling at it, and these have performed superbly and in style.

Yeah for a while poppendetta had them on the website then went away, I’ve not gone back to look lately, just bummed they have over doubled in price on amazon.co.jp. I think my shipping was like 1200yen for 2 of them as well.

jeff

So I just had a flash, get one of the 19d storage boxes from hobby search while they have surface mail option and hopefully reasonable price and jsut be patient! But hopes dashed they are all sold out... oh well! Wanted to try surface mail!

jeff

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

So I just had a flash, get one of the 19d storage boxes from hobby search while they have surface mail option and hopefully reasonable price and jsut be patient! But hopes dashed they are all sold out... oh well! Wanted to try surface mail!

jeff

Is this available only at HS? Only for a limited time? Corona related?

That is the HS workaround option for shipping now.  May or may not conitnue in the future.

Nice thinking though, Jeff.  Hmm, alas, they don't have any Groove Garage ones now that we would want.

Edited by Cat
disturbman

@Steve are you planning to add each train to your signature?

At the speed you are going, the forum will become quickly unreadable 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, disturbman said:

@Steve are you planning to add each train to your signature?

At the speed you are going, the forum will become quickly unreadable 😉

As I know, I can only add the four latest... 😉

• Like 1
Claude_Dreyfus

My first Japanese purchase for quite a while, but fitting with my latest project.

IMG_20200522_181232.thumb.jpg.85ed3e22e4f8454d93e68ede6a56bf2a.jpg

I was looking at the Iida line freight set, which includes these wagons along with a tank wagon and brake van. Given the price of these two wagons, and that fact I already have a number of brake vans, the difference for the single tank wagon seemed quite high. I only need a couple of wagons for this in any event...they pretty much fill the siding as can be seen.

Really got to get cracking on that cement works!

• Like 12

Curious to know for those that ordered during this COVID-19 situation, how long did it take to get your delivery in the US from Hobby Search?  I have a package that was sent out on April 16th, seems stuck in Tokyo somewhere...

18 minutes ago, kenjidm said:

Curious to know for those that ordered during this COVID-19 situation, how long did it take to get your delivery in the US from Hobby Search?  I have a package that was sent out on April 16th, seems stuck in Tokyo somewhere...

Please discuss in/see this dedicated thread

Edited by Yavianice
  • Thanks 1

My first purchase since January. I recieved this Tomix 485-3000 hatsukari set from Rail Gallery Rokko. First time shopping with them, can't believe I haven't found them sooner. Their packaging certainly is superb. I would guess the tiny pieces of foam were placed by them, not tomix, to reduce movement in the case. It came DHL. 

Since shipping options are limited with other shops I have put other purchases on hold.

This is quite the beautiful detailed set.

20200523_123211.jpg

20200523_123250.jpg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Ultratram said:

First time shopping with them, can't believe I haven't found them sooner. Their packaging certainly is superb. I would guess the tiny pieces of foam were placed by them, not tomix, to reduce movement in the case. It came DHL. 

Yes, RG-R always uses foam inside the original packaging to make sure the train doesn’t get damaged in Transit. 

• Like 1

A long delayed Hobby Search EMS order arrived today after sitting for over a month at Haneda  in Tokyo and then siting for 7-8 days at Toronto. Now I have the track to complete my  layout revisions.

IMG_8220 1024 x 768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 7

Seeing turnouts like that almost makes me want to switch to Fine track for the versatility. Very nice!

roadstar_na6

Interestingly I received my parcel with some Kato and Casco storage books today after it was dispatched around 1.5 weeks ago via Air Mail. That‘s the fastest it‘s ever been 😄

roadstar_na6

FedEx brought this today:

550F6556-8ECA-454A-B3E9-628F5691E8FD.thumb.jpeg.b59d2b9c5f8b86982c845f9c2073f328.jpeg

Interestingly I never ordered the bike/motorcycle Tomytec box and it apparently got gifted to me together with the coaches. Those were from Rakuten and didn‘t even had a picture in the ad, so I got them with a bit of doubt but I suppose it went well in the end 😄

• Like 12

Again non-scale but will be used to store and transport the buildings and bits for the modular layout.  We did decide to get the green JNR Popondetta container too while they are available.  And another pouch too after seeing that we liked the first one, and a pair of key chains for our Joban Line stations!  The four legged cats are busy napping, so today's inspection is provided by Basho The Sparklebomb.*

Getting the folding containers from Amazon Japan, the DHL shipping cost isn't nearly as horrible as it would be using EMS from Hobby Search.

* Bashô, and companion Zumi The Ninja Bunny (ninja not seen in this photo) names are inspired by Matsuo Bashô.  Bashô's Narrow Road : Spring and Autumn Passages translated by Hiraoki Sato is one of my favorite poetry books.  (Translating poetry is not easy, and this version is miles better than the Penguin Books or others I have seen.)

AmazonJPBasho1June2020.jpeg

Edited by Cat
  • Like 12