What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

roadstar_na6

Man I want that green box so much, but the prices of it on Amazon Japan are now 1.5k Yen more than a month ago.

I guess I‘ll just wait and hope they‘ll drop again and are still available when I got a spare 100€ 😄

• Sad 1

Eek, sorry about that.  Amazon tends to raise prices as inventory drops.  It's gone up since our purchase.  If they do get more back in stock, the price will likely drop again.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Cat said:

Again non-scale but will be used to store and transport the buildings and bits for the modular layout.  We did decide to get the green JNR Popondetta container too while they are available.  And another pouch too after seeing that we liked the first one, and a pair of key chains for our Joban Line stations!  The four legged cats are busy napping, so today's inspection is provided by Basho The Sparklebomb.*

Getting the folding containers from Amazon Japan, the DHL shipping cost isn't nearly as horrible as it would be using EMS from Hobby Search.

I broke down last week and got two at amazon as shipping was super reasonable as well as price and was weak...

jeff

• Haha 5

Gosh, it's a real shame that you guys can't get an actual retired JRF container shipped over from Japan, then you could store all your equipment, or, if you have a portable layout, you could put the container on a small truck to transport it to and from train shows, plus, it could be used as some great club advertising! Unfortunately, I've actually put the effort into figuring out what it would cost to make that happen, except I haven't been able to figure out where to get a retired container from, or how much it would cost to procure one...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Lol, that would be fun. Just back the container into the event drop it off the truck (those moving container trucks now have those slick arms that can flip them on and off the truck) and then just cut in fold up sides to the container! 

The president if the film studio I use to work with a lot got a 40’ retired container to store stuff on his rural property. Preparing a level gravel bed with good drainage and moving the bloody container into place cost more than the container did!

there is a chap here in the northeast us that has a 10’ trailer that flips open to make a 10‘X10’ z scale layout! Quite cool. Just can only do events where He can back the trailer into the building. He also has a tent that pops over it for outdoor events!

i can’t find it now but there was a hobby shop that had their train stuff in a 12’ retired jrf container in the parking lot with glass sliding door and a coup,e of windows cut in. Always wanted to model that!

jeff

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

i can’t find it now but there was a hobby shop that had their train stuff in a 12’ retired jrf container in the parking lot with glass sliding door and a coup,e of windows cut in. Always wanted to model that!

jeff

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~momo-tetsu/omise/omise1.html

Eleven years ago!!

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 3

Thanks bill I searched but couldn’t find the post! At least some things stick in this old brain!

jeff

• Like 1

I would want to have a body shop cut the width down and mount it on it's own trailer frame for towing.  Shorty living!
: 3

• Like 1

I looked at trailers for a while for the club stuff. Lots of issues (ie who owns it, insurance, hitches, where you store it, etc), so I talked with folks from a couple of larger local clubs and was told up front only get the larger double axle air Cushion Suspension ones as single axles tend to rattle everything inside apart! Even cushioning for vibration does not help the big thumps when you hit a bump or hole. Didn’t occur to me at all when we started thinking in this, but makes sense!

jeff

2 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Thanks bill I searched but couldn’t find the post! At least some things stick in this old brain!

jeff

I searched under "container". There were 61 pages. I clicked to the end and it was on the top of page 58.  🙂 

Oh man I stoped at searches when results got to like a dozen pages! Yes I’m a whimp!

jeff

• Haha 2

My ZenMarket package arrived today.  Tomix 98330 Kintetsu Series 30000 Vista EX Old painting/smoking room 4-car set and another TomIx 1278 Electric curve point N-CPR317/280-45(F)  Second photo shows the reinforced box.

IMG_8236 1920 x 1070.jpg

IMG_8235 1920 x 1070.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 6
roadstar_na6

Usually the reinforced packaging isn‘t needed given how ZenMarket packages their regular parcels. I always get my stuff shipped without reinforcements and with over 20 parcels received from there I never had a single issue and everything arrived safely 🙂

• Like 3
Pauljag900

Thought I d share this.

I realise for most of you this is probably totally impractical,however,I thought I d share it anyway.

Last week I contacted the guy who made my bridge sides for the g scale layout,I’m going to do a few fairground diaramas in ho scale and want to do them on smal 12” x 12” x 1” thick boards to mount them onto a shelf.Today he sent me this free of charge as a sample, it’s laser cut from 3mm mdf.

It went together like a dream and was assembled and glued in about 20 mins,

90250944-C58D-45C9-BE32-3BE4F3D5F207.thumb.jpeg.30466770e1e8c11684821ad995a74a32.jpeg

723BEF9B-010B-4AF8-9817-A71E0227D230.thumb.jpeg.cc6869d4716c957149086dbea7469c50.jpeg

5E624693-631E-47A3-8E3E-DF2027E76936.thumb.jpeg.d56f810820440613b5b89feb7b69dfaf.jpeg

They also interlock together.

Future ones will cost £5 plus postage.

i ve no idea what size or how much  normal ones are as I ve never used them before but these are pretty cheap and good quality.

If anyone wants the info on this guy let me know and I ll forward you his details.

just thought I d let you all know.

just for Intrest these have also just arrived,

0C18893C-0045-4D3A-B5DB-3CA155697B56.jpeg.fb8875221848b94eec74d0a671f7ce8a.jpeg

CC21A36A-15F3-4917-A8F3-C56D3ECDAEE7.jpeg.26fad0e7b6284a0bfe9e452ceca29ea7.jpeg

• Like 5
Claude_Dreyfus

My recent cement wagons were the first N gauge arrivals for a while, but like the proverbial London bus; you wait ages for one, then more come along at once!

This time I stumbled upon a loco I have been after for a little while; and old timer from the Iida line, the Kato ED19

IMG_3381.thumb.JPG.30042ee6068900344e06d9b9884706ef.JPG

Such a cute little engine and a perfect addition to Kenekimura.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Pauljag900 said:

I realise for most of you this is probably totally impractical,however,I thought I d share it anyway.

Last week I contacted the guy who made my bridge sides for the g scale layout,I’m going to do a few fairground diaramas in ho scale and want to do them on smal 12” x 12” x 1” thick boards to mount them onto a shelf.Today he sent me this free of charge as a sample, it’s laser cut from 3mm mdf.

those are really nice Paul! £5 is a very good price! Wish he was this side of the pond, probably some interesting Ttrak modules could be made!! Actually almost a Ttrak module as is! 

love the octopus, I have it in n scale.

jeff

• Like 1
23 hours ago, bill937ca said:

My ZenMarket package arrived today.  Tomix 98330 Kintetsu Series 30000 Vista EX Old painting/smoking room 4-car set and another TomIx 1278 Electric curve point N-CPR317/280-45(F)  Second photo shows the reinforced box.

Thanks for posting that pic, it's good to know what their reinforced packaging is like.  That photo should go into the Proxy Service thread too for future reference.

Edited by Cat
  • Like 1

My bucket list includes a Yamanote Line 205 from the prototype batch with the old-style sash windows, sadly these tend to go for mildly silly prices and I have yet to encounter a set which hasn't been involved in a bitter bidding war.

But... I did come across this 7-car Yokohama Line of same, at a junk price because:

- no original case or additional bits

- some parts attached to roof with liberal applications of glue

- very poor runner

- one broken pantograph

- various other minor "modifications"

On the plus side:

- generally good external condition

- fully fitted with Tomix TN couplers (one broken, but repairable)

- side destination blinds applied neatly

- fitted with lighting bars (unusually I was aware of this before purchase)

49951577288_9c408cf217_z.jpg

MicroAce 205 series (Yokohama Line) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Mainly fixed now, apart from the pantograph 😄 I did however remove the lighting bars because Microace made the interior (seats and floor) red, for some reason (hey it's MicroAce), and that made for a very weird red/yellow glow which displeased me. Need to do something about the destination blind glare too. Also the front skirt is incorrect for this period (I suspect this was added by the previous owner).

Also typical MicroAce, this formation was only around for a couple of months in early 1992, as it was a temporary loan from the Yamanote Line (see e.g. here).

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 6
18 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

just for Intrest these have also just arrived,

0C18893C-0045-4D3A-B5DB-3CA155697B56.jpeg.fb8875221848b94eec74d0a671f7ce8a.jpeg

CC21A36A-15F3-4917-A8F3-C56D3ECDAEE7.jpeg.26fad0e7b6284a0bfe9e452ceca29ea7.jpeg

Those fun fair sets are really cool! Specially the last one. 👍

• Like 2
Das Steinkopf
19 hours ago, Claude_Dreyfus said:

My recent cement wagons were the first N gauge arrivals for a while, but like the proverbial London bus; you wait ages for one, then more come along at once!

This time I stumbled upon a loco I have been after for a little while; and old timer from the Iida line, the Kato ED19

IMG_3381.thumb.JPG.30042ee6068900344e06d9b9884706ef.JPG

Such a cute little engine and a perfect addition to Kenekimura.

You are truly an evil man, I have tried to keep my Iida-sen fleet from 2012 to current day as it fits in nicely with the rest of my JR Tokai fleet, also when it comes to freight stock I have kept my fleet from 2012 to current day as well, I have way too much freight stock to go back in time, not that I am going to admit that publically but I will go into full denial of that statement now, however with you now showing this locomotive the temptation to dabble in some JNR stock is akin to Eve waiving the apple in front of Adam.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
roadstar_na6
21 hours ago, Claude_Dreyfus said:

Kato ED19

Is that from the 10–1184 set? I‘ve been after it for a while now but prices of the auction skyrocket in the last few minutes all the time 😄

Claude_Dreyfus
20 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

Is that from the 10–1184 set? I‘ve been after it for a while now but prices of the auction skyrocket in the last few minutes all the time 😄

No, it's the individual loco - item 3078.

I have seen that set and rather liked it...but as you say, not easy to get hold of and rather pricey. 

• Like 1