What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

roadstar_na6

After loosing an eBay-auction of an older Kato EF66 I won another auction today for the most recent Tomix EF66 release in new condition for less than 50€ shipped.

I‘m pretty happy with that and can‘t wait to have it arrive 😄

5 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

After loosing an eBay-auction of an older Kato EF66 I won another auction today for the most recent Tomix EF66 release in new condition for less than 50€ shipped.

I‘m pretty happy with that and can‘t wait to have it arrive 😄

Blast, I missed that auction from Zuba.

• Haha 1

nice haul!

Love the 489 just has that classic American car feel from the 50/60s. Images of future curves and lines from those times. Lots of childhood memories!

jeff

• Like 2
4 hours ago, gavino200 said:

A nice little package today. Some trucks and my 489. I really like it. 

by4bsEE.jpg

Did you managed to get the secret variant to that trailer collection?  😛

You made me very envious... Cause no parcels are coming in for me during this period....   😞 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
28 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Did you managed to get the secret variant to that trailer collection?  😛

I'm assuming so. I haven't opened it yet. The truth is, I already have way more trucks and trailers than I need. I just can't stop buying them. 

28 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

You made me very envious... Cause no parcels are coming in for me during this period....   😞 

You poor thing! That's very sad. Maybe you could put some trains in a box and leave it on your own doorstep. Not quite the same, but close. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Too bad they never had a bundle of just the 5t container trucks.  For the last several months, they've only come up as singles on YAJ.  I've bought two of them, but alas that's no way to build a shorty fleet of container transport.

Love the 489 Tim!  I was really tempted to get it, but I already have 7+ variants of the 485 already....

ranger10178

Today Hermes brough me some bits of track to allow me to create my Engineers siding when I come to build my layout, as well as some containers which will sit in my temporary container yard!

20200417_171709.jpg

• Like 7

ZenMarket order shipped DHL on the 13th, landed on our doorstep on the morning of the 15th, contents decanted carefully and then brought up from the basement on the evening of the 17th.  Even the packing tape on the inside needed the first day of that quarantine time from Tokyo!

The skyscraper is a nice proxy for the front of the Docomo building in Mito.  Our taxi companies will be sufficiently wealthy in white and black HiAce vans.  We have another singleton of the JR East van.  With two different types of Kindergarten vans now, the Nakaminito 3rd Kindergarten will have a solid transportation system for its parking lot.  The Tomix taxi set was purchased primarily for the blue and green decal stripes; white taxis are always in order, Green Taxi Co even has a few green taxis, and the yellow one can be re-painted.

ZMSmall17April2020.jpeg

• Like 7

Package came out of quarantine tonight! My Kiha40 Hokkaido Blessing Series, “Grace of the Sea” and “Blessing of Flower”. Really nice art scenes on them. Nice details and tn close couplers on each end.

cheers

jeff

0B58B685-4C1F-4E4A-AC2C-3D13085292FB.jpeg

4EF49D47-DB49-483B-9B01-FD6CA66DE425.jpeg

BFC63BEC-AAD6-4D13-B32A-629A3263857F.jpeg

• Like 12

My long delayed Hobbysearch package arrived today with some of the items I needed to continue working on the layout.  Another package sadly has been in Japan for 2 weeks and hasn't left yet. 😞

hobbys1.thumb.jpg.fac3b7a5788674129041ca7a31ff62cc.jpg

• Like 9

I had ordered sankei sign boards way back In march, before lock down,  items shipped, then disappeared again!!  I only had one choice on the shipping an that was economy,,,, another small but important item lost in shipping,, I guess I should have known better?? bummed out,, Im getting frustrated lol

• Sad 2
10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I had ordered sankei sign boards way back In march, before lock down,  items shipped, then disappeared again!!  I only had one choice on the shipping an that was economy,,,, another small but important item lost in shipping,, I guess I should have known better?? bummed out,, Im getting frustrated lol

jimbo,

that’s really odd. Do you have issues with other mail at your location? I’ve never had a Japanese package go poof in California or here in the dc area and Had many hundreds over the years. Things may be gummed up with covid slowdowns and dropped flights. Sal (economy for plaza) goes on space available on the plane and with few flights and essential cargos taking first priority it may just be stuck at the airport until after the Sal freeze is over.

We finally had one local letter a few weeks ago go poof, but I think that’s the first one for many many years.

I’ve had a couple of dozen of the cheap ebay 25 cent items go poof over the last decade out of probably thousands, but they go thru some real odd shipping to get here and many are tiny plastic bags basically and I can see some easily getting shredded in the mail sorting machines and also just get lost in the shuffle (some do come shredded and a few empty with a hole). But probably 99%+ come thru despite all that!

jeff

Packaging overkill! Unfortunately they just have run out of stock on this item before it shipped with the rest of the order. Amazon only changed me the additional shipping this would have been with the order it was in. So 2 day DHL for $2 so overkill all the way around! But at least not shipped in a padded envelope which they have done in the past with some Tomytec trains that smashed the boxes but cars unharmed...

cheers

jeff

B3194106-34B0-43FD-B1EA-79F8ECAD273A.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
56 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Packaging overkill! Unfortunately they just have run out of stock on this item before it shipped with the rest of the order. Amazon only changed me the additional shipping this would have been with the order it was in. So 2 day DHL for $2 so overkill all the way around! But at least not shipped in a padded envelope which they have done in the past with some Tomytec trains that smashed the boxes but cars unharmed...

cheers

jeff

Is that the Sankei pharmacy?

Edited by gavino200

Nope the smaller triangular building. It was like 40% off (amazon.jp at times has big discounts on a few sankei buildings for short periods, rest are full srp or higher). Got an extra as I want to maybe make a 5 story sometime. Extra bottom story can maybe be a laundromat as I have some picts of a small one story triangular one I ran across while wandering google streetview once.

jeff

8285404C-2802-4C76-B2C8-D4656A660B23.jpeg

• Like 3