What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I think most Sal follows the same paths as EMS it’s just EMS goes right On the plane and they just fill what ever left over space on the plane with Sal and that’s why Sal shipping times can vary a lot getting out of japan. Sal then in the destination country gets all sorts of different handling and routing depending on country and region by local post, I know some countries local post puts Sal on the slowest mode and they don’t get a share of the postal charge.

jeff

What's better than 1 Shinano Railway train? 3 Shinano Railway trains! No luck getting the secret truck either but I didn't expect the one dump truck to have metal flake paint. Regret only ordering the MCLC containers but I'm running out of KoKi-200s. Also I didn't get a pen so I figured I'd buy the keychain/standee. Also still waiting on July to show up, thank you SAL

august19.thumb.jpg.81aced31e7a98943d2d5d9caecc07446.jpg

• Like 9
Das Steinkopf
10 hours ago, nah00 said:

Regret only ordering the MCLC containers but I'm running out of KoKi-200s.

You do realise that you could run them on KoKi 106's and KoKi 107's as well.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Das Steinkopf said:

You do realise that you could run them on KoKi 106's and KoKi 107's as well.

Embarrassingly I'm running low on those too.... 

Truck set vol 12 showed up today, I got the special truck! Woo hoo, been a while since I got a special. But lost the steam roller for it...

jeff

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Truck set vol 12 showed up today, I got the special truck! Woo hoo, been a while since I got a special. But lost the steam roller for it...

jeff

Nice! I'm still waiting for mine, and when I realised that the secret would take away the roller, I was pretty sure I didn't want it... I really want the roller! Then again, the secret excavator that came with the secret variant had railway wheels so it makes a really nice railway excavator! 

Kato Shinano Railways Series 115 Shinano, Shonan & Yokosuka colour

ED29D_tWsAEEq-R.thumb.jpg.259ae4b384fa2c946cbf94e8ca1cbf7b.jpg

I wonder if Kato will eventually release all of Shinano's colours. Would be great.

• Like 12
Das Steinkopf
12 hours ago, Suica said:

Kato Shinano Railways Series 115 Shinano, Shonan & Yokosuka colour

ED29D_tWsAEEq-R.thumb.jpg.259ae4b384fa2c946cbf94e8ca1cbf7b.jpg

I wonder if Kato will eventually release all of Shinano's colours. Would be great.

Now you just need an EF64-1000 or EH200 towing a rake of JOT TaKi 1000's and you're set for operations on that line.

18 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Nice! I'm still waiting for mine, and when I realised that the secret would take away the roller, I was pretty sure I didn't want it... I really want the roller! Then again, the secret excavator that came with the secret variant had railway wheels so it makes a really nice railway excavator! 

Oooh I didn’t notice the excavator had the rail wheels! Now I don’t lament the loss of the roller! Plus I gots some of them from other construction kits.

jeff

Das Steinkopf
20 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Where do you you find pictures of said secret excavator.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:32 PM, Das Steinkopf said:

Where do you you find pictures of said secret excavator.

The magic appears at 11:18 (S12), note the wheels at the ends of the black & blue excavator ~  😛 Although the wheels seems to be permanently stuck at the 'raised' position so it probably wouldn't be able to actually sit on the rails... The truck itself is a nice colour though ~ 

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

The magic appears at 11:18 (S12), note the wheels at the ends of the black & blue excavator😛 Although the wheels seems to be permanently stuck at the 'raised' position so it probably wouldn't be able to actually sit on the rails... The truck itself is a nice colour though ~ 

Thanks sammy I was going to snap some pits of mine but this chap did a nice job of it!

i lo love the movable lift legs of the trucks, it’s a nice touch to display them in the full unloading position. The excavators have minimal movement but they are fine for the transport and loading scenes, not meant as a construction scene unit, you can get better units for that. The quality of their molding though is below then usual Tomytec and up close you do notice a difference between the equipment and the truck. It’s not a wiking or a construction series level detail, but a wiking mini excavator is like the cost of 1.5 of the whole Tomytec truck with escalator....

one thing to watch and you see it well in his videos is the ramps move down smoothly but going back up they seem to stick on something and you need to carefully push them in at the joint while rotating it up as the end of the little C joint seems to catch inside the trailer rod socket it’s attached to. Just don’t want to force it or it will snap easily.

cheers

jeff

5A031F9A-1720-4999-9A58-C3529885B345.jpeg

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Thanks for that Sammy, you're a champion as always.

You're welcomed! Thanks for the kind words! 😁

Thank you Jeff for the in depth into the set! Yeah i do ageee that the ramps seems to be in a difficult situation esp when raising back up... just need to be really careful not to force them up and breaking the C-clip... another issue i had with the previous lowbed trailer (assune it's the same mechanism) was the ramp being way too loose and dislodging all the time, resulting in a missing ramp on my lowbed trailer....🤨

The trucks seems really nice, but the excavators seemed too small on that large lowbed truck... perhaps a larger equipment would be nice..  this set is really getting me hyped up, esp being in the industry and all! 

Some of the smaller excavators for the construction sets will probably work, i had started making ramps and lift legs for one of the old flat bed hinos I had from earlier truck sets. 

They do look tiny. Perhaps a pile of junk or a small tarped and chained down pile of stuff would help the empty space. Or a stack of cribbing. They also need some chain and tiedown jacks to finish them. But smallest chain around 40 links per inch so about 4-5” scale links, about 2x what would be used. May look ok with bigger equipment but might not with smaller stuff. I have some 40lpi chain some where to try.

jeff

17 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

The magic appears at 11:18 (S12), note the wheels at the ends of the black & blue excavator ~  😛 Although the wheels seems to be permanently stuck at the 'raised' position so it probably wouldn't be able to actually sit on the rails... The truck itself is a nice colour though ~ 

It looks like you could pop the blue cab part off the black base and mount it upside down to get the high rail wheels touching the track.

That works. The wheels are on a separate base from the tracks so you can pop that off and flip it over easily. Also the rr wheels are like 8.5mm to the flanges so will go on n gauge track fine.

jeff

9 hours ago, keiichi77 said:

It looks like you could pop the blue cab part off the black base and mount it upside down to get the high rail wheels touching the track.

Great idea! Now to get a secret truck in my collection! (Or should I want the roller? Decision decisions decisions… )

20 hours ago, cteno4 said:

one thing to watch and you see it well in his videos is the ramps move down smoothly but going back up they seem to stick on something and you need to carefully push them in at the joint while rotating it up as the end of the little C joint seems to catch inside the trailer rod socket it’s attached to. Just don’t want to force it or it will snap easily.

You solve this by taking the ramps off and lightly sanding down the burr on the end of them. They may be slightly loose but that may be preferable to being too tight. 

Actually when I fiddled with it last night if almost feels like there is a small ridge (probably a mould seam) on the inside of the rod piece the C clip on the ramp pops over. That title retainer ridge on the C clip appears to catch hard on it about straight out from the trailer unless the C clipmos pushed firmly all the way onto the rod. I didn’t have the magnifying glasses right there I’ll try to look closer tonight to see if that is the case and then just getting rid of that ridge on the rod should let it freely rotate but keep the resistance of the C clip ridge and keep it snug all the way around but freely moving like it does the rest of the arc.

but not really any issue as I doubt anyone will move it more than a few times in its life and it moves but have to be careful and not force it.

jeff

Not so much ordered/delivered, but it was the Annual International N Gauge show in the UK over the weekend so me and my partner went, as it's one of the few occasions in the year that we can  do somewhere and it's gaurenteed to have some Japanese stock for sale. 

So over the weekend, we bought:

loads of the twin track viaduct track, enough for a decent size oval with the piers to support it all it came to £111 ( $136/14,600Yen)

The Viaduct Station Entrance for £28 ($34/3700Yen)

Viaduct station extensions x 4 for £60 ($74/7,900Yen)

Video Camera Equipped Train System Set (Series E233-3000) for £169 ($207/22,300Yen) 

I also bought an old Kato bookset (the old White and Blue sleeve) with a C57 and Coaches in it for £90 ($110/11,900Yen) 

Not all of it was particularly cheap, but I try if I'm fortunate to enough to have enough money to buy something no matter how little it is from each stall that has some Japanese stock (though I focus on stuff I actually want) to try and encourage people to sell Japanese stuff 🙂 and to be fair, I was happy with the prices I paid 🙂 

• Like 2