What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Yesterday I got my Kato EM13 decoder for my Yamanote E235 series set. I ordered a set of Kato FL12N decoders from Plaza Japan and they're already shipping out as well so I can have the proper lights on my cars.

20230411_051301.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Aleks said:

I finally got a few trams from RG Rokko and some related motored chassis including TM-LRT05 waiting for its Utsunomiya body due in the summer, and a Shinano Line 2-car set for good measure. The service was excellent, and some good older models in. I have not run any of them yet though, as I am getting the layout taken care of.

A couple of these require TM-LRT01 which seems to be flagged as discontinued and missing everywhere. Does anyone know if other models can be used instead?

E1EF1450-5B65-4775-9F6B-921CEC6B6489.jpeg

F50509C5-631B-4546-98F3-A744D560D782.jpeg

Seems to be a theme at the moment as I received some trams today too!

My *last* Zenmarket package for a while arrived today after an enforced long weekend layover since it arrived in Christchurch last Thursday. I say it's my *last* for a while, and it will have to be, otherwise I might not have as much spending money to take to Japan.

IMG_6883.thumb.JPG.85b813c93d717fd2d7f2d848cdf7e68b.JPG

Can't be an ED package without more books! Two volumes of JNR refrigerator cars, the missing DD13 book and four tram books: Kyoto N-den, Meitetsu Okazaki City, and two volumes of Fukushima Transport Company tramways. I have to admit that I couldn't help myself and laughed when I saw the Fukushima trams... they are just the wackiest, jankiest little trams I have ever seen! Even after the FTCo converted from 762mm to 1067mm, their cars remained exactly the same width as in the 762mm days (and some pieces of freight rolling stock were probably just gauge converted), but when you see photos of the ridiculous and janky little steam engines that preceded the electric cars... oh my goodness!

Oh, and trams:

IMG_6884.thumb.JPG.893b3bae4154e16948cde84c45ce5b36.JPG

Gotta maintain that West Japan thing while I can! This brings my total now up to seven trams: three Kyoto, two Matsuyama, one Sanyo and one Hiroshima, with only one each Kyoto and Matsuyama tram currently motorized. I'll be keeping an eye out for more tram models while I'm in Tokyo and Hiroshima though.

And I've gone ahead and preordered the new Kato EF55 1 from PlazaJapan who still had preorders open unlike Hobbysearch who did not. After all, I've seen the real thing and I have two other models of vehicles preserved in the Railway Museum (Tomix C57 135, Kato OHa 31 26) so it would be rude not to, after all.

Alastair

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, ED75-775 said:

I have to admit that I couldn't help myself and laughed when I saw the Fukushima trams... they are just the wackiest, jankiest little trams I have ever seen! Even after the FTCo converted from 762mm to 1067mm, their cars remained exactly the same width as in the 762mm days (and some pieces of freight rolling stock were probably just gauge converted), but when you see photos of the ridiculous and janky little steam engines that preceded the electric cars... oh my goodness!

Did the electrification occur before, after, or at the same time as the gauge conversion?

7 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Did the electrification occur before, after, or at the same time as the gauge conversion?

At the same time. According to the little English blurb in the back cover, the Fukushima Tramway Co. converted 30km of its then-50km network in 1926 due to issues with its ridiculous little steamers setting fire to things - reading between the lines, the steam locomotives weren't designed to be running the sort of distances they did, and caused regular fires that became something of a nuisance. The few if any photographs I've seen of them reinforces that. I'd recommend finding a copy of RM Library Volume 160 which, if I've read the note in Volume 162 correctly, is dedicated to the locomotives.

The remaining 20km of 762mm gauge was eventually closed down, while the converted 1067mm stuff lasted until 1971 when road transport finally killed it off.

Alastair

Edited by ED75-775

A little tenacity and detective work paid off with the help of you guys, I ordered 5 sets of rainbow/disco leds for my coaches. 🤪

I also ordered 50g of rosin core 60/40 solder for my incoming soldering iron.

• Like 1

I just got a hedgehog. A pink quilled hedgehog from Plaza Japan. Plaza was so nice that as a free gift for me buying a pink quilled hedgehog, they threw in a variety pack of Tomix Finetrack, and conveniently, four Tomix part 0107 point automation parts, that will fit nicely into my Tomix part 91016 railyard set. I purchased that back in December in Tokyo, only to find out that points were all manual...

553C780E-2A08-4154-9C81-E8A0C9C92A35.jpeg

Edited by Aleks
  • Like 4
11 hours ago, Madsing said:

Just received 3D printed parts for detailing rooftops.

Purchased from BOOTH via Buyee.

Ooh, those are some top-notch roof greeblies!

I just received 5 Kato's sensor tracks and 3 Expansion track (78-108mm) from FB 2nd shop. 

have no idea what to do with Sensor track, there are two copper pads underneath and a 3 pin female connector. I googled for a manual but no luck

Hope ,It will be usefull for my next layout. 

IMG_20230416_185705.jpg

Edited by KaiDon
  • Like 4
On 4/11/2023 at 10:33 PM, ED75-775 said:

my *last* for a while, and it will have to be

Yeah, as if.

One late night trawl on Yahoo! Auctions and I lost my self-control with two more Tetsukore Hiroden trams now waiting to come to me. Can't blame the fizzy drinks for this one (though they may have been a contributing factor), I really have no self control. So now after a flurry of bids, and lucking out on a ex-Kyoto 1900-series, I have Hiroden 651 and 352, the latter with motorized chassis, waiting to come to me.

While I knew that Tomytec had done Hiroden 652 a while back as I now have one on my wardrobe shelf waiting for a new chassis, I didn't know that they had also done 651 too. This one looks to be either a much older or limited release as it doesn't have the standard box design I associate with Tetsukore models, instead having the car number on a green background on the end. The seller also mentioned that he brought it at Hiroden headquarters, which leaves me wondering whether they have a gift shop or something there?

Oh, and I've preordered both Tosu 200-series cars and four TR-TM01 powered chassis from Hobbysearch because trams, and... I am weak. Yep.

Alastair

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ED75-775 said:

I really have no self control

I feel this post so bad thia morning, having won 7 YJA auctions overnight I didnt expect to even XD

Grats on your purchases

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ED75-775 said:

While I knew that Tomytec had done Hiroden 652 a while back as I now have one on my wardrobe shelf waiting for a new chassis, I didn't know that they had also done 651 too. This one looks to be either a much older or limited release as it doesn't have the standard box design I associate with Tetsukore models, instead having the car number on a green background on the end. The seller also mentioned that he brought it at Hiroden headquarters, which leaves me wondering whether they have a gift shop or something there?

Usually the railways have special items for the Day of the Railway in October.         https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/鉄道の日

• Thanks 1
SwallowAngel
10 hours ago, ED75-775 said:

I really have no self control

Having no Self-Control can be easily mitigated by having no money. Easy fix really, not sure why more people just do that...

This weekend I picked up a load of stuff that I purchased off one of the old forum member’s layout that had to be torn down due to a move. The layout was fantastic and custom built by one of the best pro modeling/layout companies in the world (CRM). When the stuff was put up for sale I swore I would not buy anything, but over a few weeks I ended up with several hundred Tomytec vehicles, few dozen boats, dozen or so high rises, few dozen smaller building, dozen or so structure kits, over a thousand Tomytec figures, few hundred Kato figures, hundreds of bicycles, a very large Ginza department store custom model, dr yellow 922, and hundreds of really nice trees and shrubs. About a dozen boxes of stuff. But I just couldn’t resist as it was nice prices for bulk deals to help the club doing  the sale out in VA get rid of the stuff fast and easy. Other JRM club members snapped up a lot of the rest. I now have to sort through a lot of this stuff and hopefully sell off excess of my bulk purchases here or refill the wallet some. Also have to post a rather large box of high rises to one of our members who moved to Perth Australia.

cheers

jeff

50 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

I now have to sort through a lot of this stuff and hopefully sell off excess of my bulk purchases here or refill the wallet some.

Wait, these are options?

Well when you get a pile a big as I just did it’s a bit greedy to keep them all! I already have quite a collection from 20+ years of collecting! 

the big Ginza department store does scream for a large boulevard full of cars and I was thinking of a Ttrak module with big elevated expressway and those can suck up a lot of vehicles! But not doing the 25mm Ttrak tram setups much anymore so don’t need the ton of cars that required!

can never have enough vehicles, figures or trees though…

jeff

Just a little something I missed when they came out (had not seen the new Evangelion movies, so "Wille" didn't ring any bells) as well as two paperkits I ordered at Hobbysearch in their latest sale.

Hobbysearch.jpg

• Like 3

I got a bunch of party leds for my commuter car today and installed them with no smoke lol.

I did a little write up on the installation of the leds here on JNS.

UkgRuSC.jpg?1

Edited by bc6
  • Like 4

Glad I got the Modemo Choco Den 2009.  In a way, I think I want to get a lot of Meiji trains, considering how much of their chocolate almond snacks I purchase when I'm on a train! lol...  A few other things I purchased... diorama still a long, constantly changing, evergoing, experimental project.

Edited by kndy
  • Like 3
serotta1972

Early birthday gifts for myself, hehe. Not a big fan of the E2 but love the 200 livery. Also loving the N7000S with the Kyushu livery. Becoming a little more selective but looking at lots of trains this year. 

A550A77A-9082-4C61-917B-5F1A57E6BF35.jpeg

918119BA-6FE2-4A87-BC47-E66DA073E6D8.jpeg

5905C9C6-DD86-43E0-8A6E-C022172A9B7E.jpeg

2F95C353-D490-4E4A-A770-3F20E6C135BE.jpeg

B5D38E8A-8A56-4975-A510-EE31835E1324.jpeg

5C751FD7-2E8A-4E65-8E86-96F1F1A79BD5.jpeg

• Like 6

a couple of items purchased from my friend who is helping various clients to sell their train collections. his prices are very reasonable.   

20230423_222723.jpg

20230423_222754.jpg

20230423_222804.jpg

20230424_160457.jpg

20230424_160510.jpg

• Like 3