What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

To the end of the year, i got my last packages... Second hand Kato SL Yamaguchi-Set with D51 498 and D51 200 from Plaza Japan.

212964739_WhatsAppImage2021-12-16at18_08_56.thumb.jpeg.4990b77ff0867a05523fffb7d5d7a5a7.jpeg    1209773355_WhatsAppImage2021-12-29at14_39_53.thumb.jpeg.0e63fccc9496a39276683673e25ae64c.jpeg

Edited by lighthouse
  • Like 7

Hakone Tozan 1000 series:

51788360820_670b91f7e3_z.jpg

Hakone Tozan line 1000 series by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Because the usual reasons, also I see them (the model version) knocking around so often it seems kind of weird not to have one.

Interestingly, despite being of spring worm drive vintage, it is still featured in the current Tomix "catalogue" and on their website. Seems to have last been released in 2009. This particular model probably dates from before 1997, going by the 3-digit postal code on the package and also the traction tyres, which I needed to chip off with a very small screwdriver.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, railsquid said:

Hakone Tozan 1000 series:

51788360820_670b91f7e3_z.jpg

Hakone Tozan line 1000 series by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Because the usual reasons, also I see them (the model version) knocking around so often it seems kind of weird not to have one.

Interestingly, despite being of spring worm drive vintage, it is still featured in the current Tomix "catalogue" and on their website. Seems to have last been released in 2009. This particular model probably dates from before 1997, going by the 3-digit postal code on the package and also the traction tyres, which I needed to chip off with a very small screwdriver.

Nice. I picked up a similar era model with the spring drive for peanuts recently. It runs surprisingly well!

21 hours ago, lighthouse said:

To the end of the year, i got my last packages... Second hand Kato SL Yamaguchi-Set with D51 498 and D51 200 from Plaza Japan.

212964739_WhatsAppImage2021-12-16at18_08_56.thumb.jpeg.4990b77ff0867a05523fffb7d5d7a5a7.jpeg    1209773355_WhatsAppImage2021-12-29at14_39_53.thumb.jpeg.0e63fccc9496a39276683673e25ae64c.jpeg

how did you find a secondhand set at plaza Japan?

40 minutes ago, beakaboy said:

how did you find a secondhand set at plaza Japan?

Sorry, the SL Yamaguchi Set is second hand 😊 the D51 200 from Plaza Japan is new

Edited by lighthouse
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, beakaboy said:

Nice. I picked up a similar era model with the spring drive for peanuts recently. It runs surprisingly well!

Yup, this one ran OK out of the box, and very well (if inevitably a little noisly) with new traction tyres and a good clean of the wheels and other contact surfaces.

Some quick pictures of the collective acquired over the Christmas and New Year holiday.

Santa brought me the add on Kyushu 415. The plan was to have 2 independent units but the 415 motor units from H.C.K seem to be sold out across all major and independent retailers. I hope they bring out some more as even the Assyparts required are not currently available either. Until then, it’ll have to be a twin consist. 

Also bought myself one of the Mo 161 trams in the red livery as were seen in and around the northern parts of the Kitakyushu area. There is one on static display in Mojiko and I loved looking at some of the old photos of these things running. I think @Modellbahn JPmay have posted one at some point near Yahata. The motor units for these seem hard to come by also but i’ve heard from a number of places that restock should be happening soon. 

I bought a static display park from Tomytec also at least to have something outside a rural station whenever I have time and space for a layout. 

The Pit Road 1/144 Type 99 tanks were a bit of a punt for the military train as they were cheap and 1/144 seem hard to come by for anything non WW2. Sadly they are way too big for train loading as I couldn’t get a good idea of the size compared to a type 87 LAV.  They look nice though so perhaps a small diorama or logistic area of said (non existent) layout. 

B502F23F-C581-46B1-896D-189658950A77.jpeg

9E8A1B6C-20DB-4678-B1A8-20C994A436BC.jpeg

DF827FC0-3965-41D2-9B71-C68FF2A5AE14.jpeg

• Like 7
8 hours ago, Kamome said:

The Pit Road 1/144 Type 99 tanks were a bit of a punt for the military train as they were cheap and 1/144 seem hard to come by for anything non WW2. 

WW2 tanks are fine in the modern world — just have a senshado team travelling by rail and bringing their tanks to a local match!

Oarai itself is a little tricky because they have some offbeat tanks, as are the other small schools, but the bigger schools are easier to model.

I've already built up a lot of teams for gaming in 1:100, and now doing ones in 1:144 too for playing on the railroad.
: 3

Kuro18.JPG

M410.JPG

Pravda11.JPG

• Like 7

@Kamome, I think there might have been a mix up somewhere, and sorry for bursting your bubble, but the the Mo 161 type has no connection with the Kita-Kyūshu area, or any other part of Kyūshū whatsoever. They were built for the Hankai Electric Tramway in 1928 (Mo 161~169) and 1930~1931 (Mo 170 ~ 176), and were based on the preceding Mo 151 type. They spend their entire, incredibly long, service life at Hankai and none of the cars were ever transferred to another railway, and the entire class, which includes the currently preserved examples, never left the Ōsaka area (which is where they were built as well). Currently 4 of them are still in active service, Mo 161, the basis for your model Mo 162, Mo 164 and Mo 166, and as can be imagined this makes them the oldest trains in active service, anywhere in Japan.

Mo 162 is painted in the 'akaden' livery of the Chikuho Electric Railway' as part of a shared PR project, so there is a small link there, but like I said she is still pretty much an Ōsaka girl.

Edited by 200系
  • Like 1

Got a parcel today from "1999" as @Cat calls it. 🙂 An E3 and a 200. I'm very  happy with them both. In fact I wasn't so sure I like the E3. I'm sort of doing a "gotta get 'em all" thing with the Shinkansens. But in person I really like it. It looks much better from "above" where your can see more of the purple roof color. From above it looks a little like a snake head.

sPpo0cs.jpg

k56GWhY.jpg?1

xf84JKN.jpg

I love this. It's like an overweight zero.

AXwhnbQ.jpg

• Like 10

Encyclopaedia Man strikes again!!😂

Yes I knew it was an Osaka based tram but I had mistakenly thought the same type had also been present in the Kitakyushu area. “I stand corrected,” said the man in the orthopaedic shoes!! 

Thanks for the information. My knowledge of trams is limited but it was the Chikuho livery that attracted me to it. Still a smart looking tram. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All in a days work!

Encyclopaedia Man does sound like I'd be the main contender for the title of worst (or at least nerdiest) superhero ever though...😅

2 hours ago, Kamome said:

Thanks for the information. My knowledge of trams is limited but it was the Chikuho livery that attracted me to it. Still a smart looking tram. 

Well, it's Japanese, has a pantograph (or trolley pole, nothing wrong with being a bit trolleypolecurious once in a while right?.. wow that came out wrong...), traction motors, carries passengers and was built during the Shōwa period (or earlier though a bit of Heisei is fine once in a while as well), so of course I'm going to be spending way too much time unearthing everything there is to know about them.

Seriously though, you're welcome, as always. While I most certainly wouldn't classify myself as an expert on streetcars (or anything really, I just love to research stuff like this, and the more I learn the more I realize how much there still is yet to learn), what I wrote above, though tongue in cheek, is pretty much how this hobby works for me, as long as it's Japanese, electric, carries passengers and was built in the period specified I find it utterly fascinating, and thus worthy of research. Which also means that if I can use that which I've learned to help others (and nerd-out in the process), I'm more than happy to do so.

2 hours ago, gavino200 said:

*inhales sharply* *looks disapprovingly at Gavino* *sighs, closes eyes while pushing up glasses slowly and slowly walks away... this task is too much for even Encyclopaedia Man...*

Seriously, bad Gavino, bad! Don't make me come down there and write 6 paragraphs on why you're wrong while simultaneously reciting the evolutionary path between the 1000 type, 0 series 951 type, 961 type and 962 type shinkansen in way too many words! Besides, she isn't a overweight zero but a overweight (though equalweigth would be closer) 962 type shinkansen, remember the lectures I gave thee in shinkansenology, brother Gavin! Also *mumbles* just because she's a bit heavier, and more robust looking doesn't mean she's overweight *mumbles* to me she'll always be beautiful, bodymount and all...😤

Edited by 200系
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, 200系 said:

Don't make me come down there and write 6 paragraphs on why you're wrong while simultaneously reciting the evolutionary path between the 1000 type, 0 series 951 type, 961 type and 962 type shinkansen in way too many words!

Do it! Do it! Please!! With pictures too!! Go on!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, gavino200 said:

In fact I wasn't so sure I like the E3. I'm sort of doing a "gotta get 'em all" thing with the Shinkansens. But in person I really like it. It looks much better from "above" where your can see more of the purple roof color. From above it looks a little like a snake head.

it’s the mega wedgie E3! Once you hear that you will never look at it again w.o thinking that. A friend eye wigged me with that years ago! Tag you’re it.

jeff

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

it’s the mega wedgie E3! Once you hear that you will never look at it again w.o thinking that. A friend eye wigged me with that years ago! Tag you’re it.

jeff

Hilarious. Is there any way to undo the spell?

Edited by gavino200

Nope I’ve had it for years now and all it makes you see is tightly whites pulled over the front of an E3 and pass it on. Given that I still like it.

jeff

8 hours ago, gavino200 said:

AXwhnbQ.jpg

You are the zero, she is beautiful as is. My favourite Shinkansen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

YAHOOOOO !!!!! 😋  (in both sense, auction and really happy 😍)

another strange item for 99.99% of "forumers"

this is not the last one but is really near to be, just another Tomix 200系 (the f..ing second Omiya version and I'm not yet 100% sure that I will pay 4-500€ for another K47 with just a couple of different logos) and my 200系 roster from 1982 till now will be complete
(I'm near to Shinkans...END 😄)

Ciao!

Massimo

Endo 200.jpg

Endo 200-a.jpg

• Like 7
36 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Unless Endou revised the design radically from the 0 series, that's almost 200g of motor car you've got there:

50021729093_02a3c1d9c9_z.jpg

Endou Shinkansen (motor car) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

from the first and second batch of 0 series basically don't change, just the boogie (plastic boogie frame with side reproduced like 200) and the different (correct) roof etching, the 200 have only a different lower chassis (the fake 200 is like a 0 first batch)

eventually it can used like hammer or to kill somebody 😂

sorry for the photos quality, but there are 3x237 motorized chassis, and some cars are still wrapped in the original cellophane, never used 😍 (lifetime spare part!)

eventually another 225 car to complete the original 12 cars E set.....

it's a strange thing, but in 82' Kato and Endo released the correct model instead Tomix waited over 30 years to do the same....

ciao!

Massimo

15 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I'm sort of doing a "gotta get 'em all" thing with the Shinkansens. But in person I really like it. It looks much better from "above" where your can see more of the purple roof color. From above it looks a little like a snake head.

Oooh, go get them all Gavin.  For me the hunt is a big part of the fun.  I went cuckoo looking for all the mini-Shinkansens a while back.  I love the E3's.

• Like 1
On 1/4/2022 at 12:28 AM, Cat said:

WW2 tanks are fine in the modern world — just have a senshado team travelling by rail and bringing their tanks to a local match!

Oarai itself is a little tricky because they have some offbeat tanks, as are the other small schools, but the bigger schools are easier to model.

I've already built up a lot of teams for gaming in 1:100, and now doing ones in 1:144 too for playing on the railroad.
: 3

Kuro18.JPG

M410.JPG

Pravda11.JPG

Tanks for the pictures!

I love that Russian fleet. Especially the heavy KV2 type tank.

I finished one of the Type 99s and have now received the Type 16, 8 wheeled Armoured vehicles but alas, still too wide for Chiki flat wagons. They are only about 6 parts minus the wheels so exceptionally quick to build.

I’ll have to bite the bullet and order from YSK models for the train loads I think.

D82A108E-E73E-4CB9-8A13-CD7A84901727.jpeg

A0371E48-005D-4FE2-971B-04B03C53B193.jpeg

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 2