What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

14 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

It's Christmas so who cares about the wallet? 

JR West commuter fleet is completed with this addition ~ 🙂

20211221_170502.thumb.jpg.ba1fdc896d28b41260927bac2b40e85d.jpg

20211221_170545.thumb.jpg.b76a63b48c85b52e5c8cc43f97d33dc8.jpg

This guy is REALLY nice~ Glad i got it !

The mirror effect is amazing. you have to see it in real to appreciate it, really!

Very nice indeed! Is it DCC-ready?

Gomene 😔 14,500 was actually a decent price for it. I think there is or was at least another set on YJA atm.

Buyee let’s you save a search and set a daily email alarm. Practical if you are after a relatively rare item. You can use that function and then bid using your preferred proxy service.

I recommend saving the name of the series, here キヤE193, and to make the search over the whole "model train" category. Some sellers mislabel their listing as HO sometimes.

In these cases,  where you want a very specific item, the best is still to bid for the maximum you are willing to pay and see what happens.

Edit: @gavino200If you want more certainty about how much to pay, do a "closed search" search on YJA. It will tell you for how much the items you are looking for sold for in the last month or month(s). Happy hunting 🙂

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just received my advanced leds (non flickering) for my Odoriko E257-2500 from hktilc.com in Warm white (5000 K). 

Odered Nov 29th

Delivered Nov 30th

... Received on Dec 22nd. 

Quite long to have them delivered to France from Hong-Kong. Maybe due to Covid or Xmas period. Anyway, got them, I'll now put them into my rolling stock, stick the direction stickers and run it for shooting a couple of pictures I'll post later on. 

Leds.thumb.jpg.c24e442055d984f03589a33a4fd057d8.jpg

JM

• Like 4

I received a package from RG Rokko, with a nice bag included:

image.thumb.png.fe697049f7211ba6c75d79229375acd6.png

Received my reservation of the Chizu Express HOT7000 (looking forward to running it later) :

image.thumb.png.2db7b6cfaa2e27454c08df6d0b2dc9db.png

Got some JR Hokkaido additions with it including a Kiha 261-5000 Hamanasu:

image.thumb.png.102e907dcc34717ec00b270813a101bb.png

and 3 car set of  Kiha 40-700/1700 Revival (or Rivival as is printed on the case!) Colour Vermillion 

image.thumb.png.7b60b38f1dd0753a9ccdda3382a9ea9f.png

As it includes some spare slots I can make a Senmo/Nemuro/Hanasaki line Kiha 40 selection from some previous buys:

image.thumb.png.05c78d0145bd7db0d818c7fb71736929.png

image.png

Only problem is I've now reserved the Kiha 40-700/1700 JR Hokkaido/Soya Line Express which should be being released in January... 

Edited by Arctic
  • Like 8
On 12/21/2021 at 10:36 AM, JR 500系 said:

The mirror effect is amazing. you have to see it in real to appreciate it, really!

One thing that bothers me, since I always use interior lighting, does it not make the mirror effect redundant?

7 hours ago, Arctic said:

Only problem is I've now reserved the Kiha 40-700/1700 JR Hokkaido/Soya Line Express which should be being released in January...

There are simple solutions to this issue. You can get a 10-car or 12-car urethane insert by Popondetta to replace the TOMIX insert. Or you can buy one of the various Casco cases that can accept 21m-long cars. It will give you the ability to easily store a few more JR Hokkaido KiHas on top of  the ones coming in January. Maybe a few of the recent KiHa 54 Greenmax just announced for May 😉

3 hours ago, Yavianice said:

One thing that bothers me, since I always use interior lighting, does it not make the mirror effect redundant?

well not redundant but it ruins the mirror effect with the high level of lighting that is in model trains.

jeff

Yes at night it’s gone in the prototype. It’s the ultra high model lighting that kills it in the day and usually most rooms are not as evenly brightly lit as prototype outdoors.

jeff

9 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Well, according to Kato's official poster:

image.thumb.png.5c9adcdd4c971dd821b1681582033613.png

It would seem that the light does make the mirror effect redundant, much that when the light is on the interior can be clearly seen, and without the light the windows looked like a mirror. 

Not sure how much of an effect is lost, but i'm going to light it up with the HKLTC lights soon so hopefully i can make a comparison. My guess is not much effect lost in the day since there will still be light reflection but all effect will be lost in the night with only light emitting from the interior... 

On 12/22/2021 at 8:29 AM, jozasa said:

Very nice indeed! Is it DCC-ready?

Well, i did not see the DCC-ready from Kato website, so i'll assume it is not. We couldnt see the DCC drop in panel too at the bottom of the car (Video below stopped at the exact timing where the bottom of the first car is shown):

On 12/22/2021 at 9:35 AM, gavino200 said:

I was going to try to snap that up, but I got side-tracked with work and missed the final. The price was rising reasonably fast, so I'm not sure I would have bid anyway. I really want one now. Curse you D-man!!!

MAN! That was a great price for that! I want one of them キヤE193 too for the longest time, and only keeping fingers crossed for the re-release, or maybe a new re-run with the top inspection lights lighted up much like the East i that would be GREAT!

7 hours ago, disturbman said:

There are simple solutions to this issue. You can get a 10-car or 12-car urethane insert by Popondetta to replace the TOMIX insert. Or you can buy one of the various Casco cases that can accept 21m-long cars. It will give you the ability to easily store a few more JR Hokkaido KiHas on top of  the ones coming in January. Maybe a few of the recent KiHa 54 Greenmax just announced for May 😉

Haha yeah and with the release of the mini Casco cases and urethane able to hold 7-cars, space is much saved! I'm loving those little multi fitting cases!

14 hours ago, Arctic said:

image.thumb.png.102e907dcc34717ec00b270813a101bb.png

Man the more i look at the Kiha-261, the more i want it.... the bright pink is really lovely... Now, if there is a Lavender blue, i'll wait no more!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

MAN! That was a great price for that! I want one of them キヤE193 too for the longest time, and only keeping fingers crossed for the re-release, or maybe a new re-run with the top inspection lights lighted up much like the East i that would be GREAT!

It was, all the others will sell for 18k. You all remember the E193 has a twin, right? The E491.

I keep thinking MA is going to announce a rerun but it never happens. These are probably part of some of the most commonly sought after MA sets.

2 hours ago, disturbman said:

It was, all the others will sell for 18k. You all remember the E193 has a twin, right? The E491.

I keep thinking MA is going to announce a rerun but it never happens. These are probably part of some of the most commonly sought after MA sets.

Yeah and the E491 costs even more than the E193 if i'm not wrong... something about the East i 'E' vs the East i 'D', probably 'E' was harder to print ~  😛

That was the same with the 215 series.... first really sought after, then MA dropped the re-release, the prices dropped, then MA annouce the retraction of pre-orders due to missing mould parts, then the prices rise again, then fall again with the annoucement of the Tomix ones. Hopefully it will follow the same trend ~

Maybe it’s the additional pantographs 🤔

We will see, there are a few other sets they should re-release, like the KiHa 65 Edel Tango or the KiHa 8500.

6 hours ago, railsquid said:

It was waiting for Tomix to re-release their 0652 wheelsets.

Do you need another one for the power bogies? These don’t have cogs.

9 minutes ago, disturbman said:

Do you need another one for the power bogies? These don’t have cogs.

Yup, PW150, but I had those already.

• Thanks 1

I should probably move this to an independent thread, but do you know what's the difference between 0652 and 0654? I'm not sure what "conventional" and "new power collection system" refer to.

Edited by disturbman

The "conventional" type (0651/0652) is where the pickups rest on the axles inside the wheels, as per the bogie at the top of this picture:

39649140414_b40e213277_z.jpg

Tomix 115-1000 series by Rail Squid, on Flickr

The "new system" (0653/0654) is normal axle pinpoint pickups, a la Kato.

Random useful tip: some oder MicroAce models use essentially the same "conventional" system and the Tomix 0651/0652 wheels are a drop-in replacement (this does not however apply to the motorized bogie wheelsets).

Edited by railsquid

Thanks, I need the 0654.

I really don’t understand why some sets are equipped with blackened wheelsets and others aren’t. The logic is not yet perceptible to me.

All my JR Hokkaido KiHa 40s have blackened wheelsets, whereas some of my JR East have silver wheelsets and others have blackened wheelsets.

I don’t think it’s release date related as I believe these sets were released concomitantly.

On 11/24/2021 at 12:58 PM, Madsing said:

Super nice! Are you planning a DCC upgrade?

Yes, but this time they did it in the shop for me (DM-Toys) so it must not be too difficult. They used one D&H DHC05C decoder for the motor car and a FH05B function decoder for the lights in the other car (wiring everything, this Greenmax Plasser&Theurer beauty is not DCC-ready).

Edited by jozasa
  • Like 1
Yavaris Forge

I also got a packet from HS for Christmas, included were a bunch of houses, the 45th anniversary Tomix cleaning car and a Chiki7000

IMG_20211225_183458036.jpg

• Like 5