Jump to content

What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)


bc6

Recommended Posts

Sheffie

Does anyone else get stressed out when they see a photo of train across a library case with other trains still in? I worry that the wheels are going to end up scratching the train bodies underneath 

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
katoftw
On 3/28/2021 at 5:29 PM, Kamome said:

My dancing girl of Izu arrived along with my stopping point of frustration. Can’t wait to check out both.

F2C76D78-2E61-4B37-9713-F4316D3793A5.jpeg

Trying to figure out how to get a copy of Densha de Go myself.

Link to post
gavino200
11 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Does anyone else get stressed out when they see a photo of train across a library case with other trains still in in? I worry that the wheels are going to end up scratching the train bodies underneath 

 

Worry not! There's a clearance of at least 3 mm. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Just now, gavino200 said:

 

Worry not! There's a clearance of at least 3 mm. 

Just an excuse to get another one.....

 

Inobu

  • Haha 4
Link to post
1 hour ago, katoftw said:

Trying to figure out how to get a copy of Densha de Go myself.

I got mine from Ami Ami as their prices were a little lower than most of the electrical retailers. I am unsure if there is any restriction on software outside of Japan but I can't see any info on the site that this can't be shipped outside of Japan. There is also Play Asia based in Hong Kong. I have not used them myself so couldn't tell you how reliable they are.

 

The game is very good on Switch but graphically it is not up to par with the PS4 or arcade. Things can look a little drab or fuzzy in places. Even the train textures look a little PS2 at times with the JR logos not crisp lettering.   It's still fun and forgivable as it's portable. Unlike a lot of other Switch games, there is no English option but the menus are simple and easy to navigate. There is a short training exercise which explains what to do. Icons are large so even with minimal to no Japanese knowledge, you can play it easily.

 

Just unlocked the 205系 which doesn't have the combined throttle/brake handle like more modern trains. It adds another layer of stress to make sure you come off the throttle and onto the brake in time to keep on schedule but stop in the right place.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
katoftw
13 minutes ago, Kamome said:

I got mine from Ami Ami as their prices were a little lower than most of the electrical retailers.

Thanks.  I will order it tomorrow and then it can be combined with my monthly order.  They have copies in stock.

Link to post
20 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Uh oh, I’m back to browsing for trains again - not looking for anything in particular, just something the looks good to me but I am more selective nowadays. 😁 Got this beautiful set that resembles the Keikyu DEHA 268 that I got from Kato Hobby Center.

 

Nice Jr!  I've been wanting that set for a long time, it's been in my amazon.jp shopping cart for the past month or two as I debate putting the order in.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
serotta1972
8 hours ago, gavino200 said:

 

I really like it. If I ever get to travel to Japan again I'm going to spend a night on it. 

 

Me too, the Sunrise Express will definitely be on my itinerary.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
JR 500系

HAha yeah i guess another topic about how your significant other reacts to train model purchases is in place ~  😛

 

i'm awaiting a couple of things including the Saphir Odoriko & Ginga West express, but i think it takes sometime for Tokonomi san at Rokko to sort things out with his vast amount of orders and recent influx of beautiful models ~~~

 

No worries, i got my Ami order to accompany first while waiting!  🙂

 

Strange concept of refunding the payment you paid for purchases and parcels stuck in their warehouse before COVID and then re-billing it to you again when you request for a re-shipment using DHL... Well at least we dont get deducted by paypal for receiving payment from Ami!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Pauljag900
32 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

HAha yeah i guess another topic about how your significant other reacts to train model purchases is in place ~  😛

 

i'm awaiting a couple of things including the Saphir Odoriko & Ginga West express, but i think it takes sometime for Tokonomi san at Rokko to sort things out with his vast amount of orders and recent influx of beautiful models ~~~

 

No worries, i got my Ami order to accompany first while waiting!  🙂

 

Strange concept of refunding the payment you paid for purchases and parcels stuck in their warehouse before COVID and then re-billing it to you again when you request for a re-shipment using DHL... Well at least we dont get deducted by paypal for receiving payment from Ami!

So what excuses do you come up with Sammy?😂😂👍

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Pauljag900
10 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

 

Nice Jr!  I've been wanting that set for a long time, it's been in my amazon.jp shopping cart for the past month or two as I debate putting the order in.

Fatal!! Just get it,why delay the inevitable!!😂😂👍👍

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Tony Galiani

Just received a small purchase of scenery items from Competition Minis (and thanks to Jeff for recommending this shop).  Ordered Friday morning, it was shipped before noon and I received the package Monday and shipping was free.  Probably not as inexpensive as some other places but I prefer to shop small businesses.

They don't have model railroad supplies but do have a good selection of paints, weathering items and similar products.  I must say everything looked bigger in the pictures than in real life but I think the snow kit has enough for the small test diorama I want to do.  And I also wanted to try out the Tamiya weathering powders which look suspiciously like eye liner (as do some of the colors available such as green and blue).  Wonder if these are all made in some factory in Japan with half labeled as weather powder and half as eyeliner ....

Anyway, looking forward to trying these items out.

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

Scenery Items.jpg

Edited by Tony Galiani
grammar correction
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
17 hours ago, Kamome said:

I am unsure if there is any restriction on software outside of Japan but I can't see any info on the site that this can't be shipped outside of Japan. There is also Play Asia based in Hong Kong. I have not used them myself so couldn't tell you how reliable they are.

 

As far as I know there is no restriction for Nintendo Switch games. I have the card version of Journey to Kyoto for Switch and it is working on my "European" Switch without any problem. I bought DDG from the Japanese Nintendo eShop and it works also well (I do not want to change the card always plus I could avoid the high Hungarian VAT + other costs).

  • Like 1
Link to post

Just got my E261 and Ginza 1000 series.

 

Does anyone know if the Popondetta Ginza can take a TN clip in?  It looks like it has the slots, but I can't find any specifics.

Link to post

My Tomix Pixar 800 series arrived this morning and she’s a beauty. She’ll sit well with my red and yellow Disney 800’s 😍

 

Guy

F86858E6-9DB2-44F6-B4C7-8D8B8DA500C1.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to post

I just got "sad" watching everyone else getting nice stuff. I guess that's better than nothing.....

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
Link to post
14 minutes ago, inobu said:

I just got "sad" watching everyone else getting nice stuff. I guess that's better than nothing.....

Treat yourself to a train, you deserve it! 😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Pauljag900
34 minutes ago, inobu said:

I just got "sad" watching everyone else getting nice stuff. I guess that's better than nothing.....

I agree,get yourself something nice buddy 👍👍😀

  • Like 1
Link to post

Ok, I followed your advice and order V50,V51 and 40-820. Now lets see if the order goes through.

I say that because these are hard to get items but the cart let me add them so lets see.

 

Inobu

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
beakaboy
On 3/31/2021 at 1:12 AM, Tony Galiani said:

Just received a small purchase of scenery items from Competition Minis (and thanks to Jeff for recommending this shop).  Ordered Friday morning, it was shipped before noon and I received the package Monday and shipping was free.  Probably not as inexpensive as some other places but I prefer to shop small businesses.

They don't have model railroad supplies but do have a good selection of paints, weathering items and similar products.  I must say everything looked bigger in the pictures than in real life but I think the snow kit has enough for the small test diorama I want to do.  And I also wanted to try out the Tamiya weathering powders which look suspiciously like eye liner (as do some of the colors available such as green and blue).  Wonder if these are all made in some factory in Japan with half labeled as weather powder and half as eyeliner ....

Anyway, looking forward to trying these items out.

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

 

Tony, I have used the Tamiya weathering sets for a few years now. excellent product , but takes a bit of practice. the key is to not overdo them initially as they dry out and you realise how much has been applied. suggest practice on an old wagon first. I use the applicator as well as fine wet paint brush and also add more water with applicator over model to tone it down. pic is my TT models. several sessions of weathering with drying between. then i can wipe it clean with water if not happy , before sealing with matt clear coat. 

20210314_101951.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Tony Galiani
2 hours ago, beakaboy said:

I use the applicator as well as fine wet paint brush and also add more water with applicator over model to tone it down. pic is my TT models. several sessions of weathering with drying between. then i can wipe it clean with water if not happy , before sealing with matt clear coat. 

Thanks for that info.  I would never have thought to either try it with a paint brush or to add water.  Looking forward to giving it go - your results certainly look good and not over done.

Tony

Link to post
katoftw
2 hours ago, beakaboy said:

 

20210314_101951.jpg

You know it is old skool oz or nz when there is a Hills Hoist in the back yard.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
beakaboy
37 minutes ago, katoftw said:

You know it is old skool oz or nz when there is a Hills Hoist in the back yard.

Haha! We are modelling our own actual backyards in a small area at the front of these modules. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
JR East

Arrived this morning, the incredible Saphir Odoriko

 

I must say that RG-ROKKO is incredibly professional. The box has been opened for putting small foam dampers all around each car to protect it .... Whaou effect... Japanese service with a capital "S",

 

Put into a plastic bag to protect it.

 

1939249819_SaphirOdoriko1.thumb.jpg.3596a3f64b9170833b9aad90a8de853d.jpg

 

Nice box ... Glossy

 

1884736175_SaphirOdoriko2.thumb.jpg.dfcb2662df94d87ca4560c180dc33291.jpg

 

Starting to reveal it ... very strong cardboard protecting the book 

 

1018301172_SaphirOdoriko3.thumb.jpg.6fbf02d497cbab4296d2215119cf43af.jpg

 

Can't decribe the incredible smell of fine fresh paint.

 

1803435200_SaphirOdoriko4.thumb.jpg.74c80aa9edd3edf7e8352846e306d26b.jpg

 

Short close look on it ... really gorgeous 

 

1623186707_SaphirOdoriko5.thumb.jpg.fcfed4af22a1498e98c86410c07d2f9f.jpg

 

Fine details are really revealed by this pearly paint

 

1038588102_SaphirOdoriko6.thumb.jpg.8184d8062299d7994bac64599c1a775a.jpg

 

I've also received my Serie 313-3000

 

289642760_Serie313-3000-1.thumb.jpg.8b8890dea189ddf19e4617833407c44f.jpg

 

Closer to the car ...

387716929_Serie313-3000-2.thumb.jpg.e4fe7513a5e50d839c0998306e821af1.jpg

 

It's running on the Minobu Line. Once more, a train I've ridden from Nishi-Fujinomiya to Fuji

 

 

I'll spend a part of the weekend to mount some part on the Serie 313-3000 as well as installing interior lighting and sticking the transfer to the 2 trainsets (at least Orodirko come with tranlations on the dry transfer set ... thanks for the non-japanese speaking like me) following the method I shared with you here https://jnsforum.com/community/topic/18097-how-to-applying-stickers-on-kato-n-gauge-rolling-stock/

 

H...A...P...P...Y !

 

 

 

 

Edited by JR East
  • Like 6
Link to post
3 hours ago, inobu said:

Ok, I followed your advice and order V50,V51 and 40-820. Now lets see if the order goes through.

I say that because these are hard to get items but the cart let me add them so lets see.

 

Inobu

I had a feeling.....So I ended up calling the online shop to verify my order and sure enough it turns out they did not have any of the items.

They stated that they will order it and when it comes in they will ship. Uhhh, I don't think so. I canceled the order. 

 

Started looking again and found another shop that had it posted. So I order the first one then order a second one. It stated I could not order 2.

That let me know their inventory is counting and updating.

 

I order everything and now we will wait.

 

Inobu

  • Sad 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...